Freddie? (part 3)

Back by popular demand, I hope this is what you all wanted from this.

"What happens to me?" He said slowly and you felt your heart drop, "um... we were saying about you drying-drying your hair" you said and he shook his head as he leaned down next to you, "what happens... I don't want lies, darling" he said and you looked at him and saw tears starting to well in your friend's eyes. "You... you die of something" you started and he looked between the two of you, "when? What of?" He said and your friend excused herself.

"Sit with me" you said and he gently settled himself in the seat next to you and waited impatiently for you to tell him, "um, you die in nineteen-ninety-one. You've got a good life ahead of you, don't get me wrong, but the last few years are... they're hard on everyone" you said and he bit his bottom lip, "I've been gone for twenty-six years? Do people still remember me?" He asked and you nodded.

"They still have birthday parties for you and, uh, there's a lot of people who still love you-enough to get a statue of you as well" you said and there was a little glimmer in his eyes, "Do I look good?" He asked and you nodded and went to pick up your phone, "I-no, I shouldn't" you said but he picked it up and remembered the password you gave him earlier. "How do you see pictures of things?" He asked and you put your head on his shoulder, "right here" you said and showed him your Safari button.

"Safari? That's not pictures, is it?" He asked and you nodded, "mhm, you can see every picture on there. You just put in what you want to see and it'll come up" you said and he looked at you as your friend came down from upstairs. "Getting comfortable?" She whispered and you felt yourself blush as you noticed you were pressed right against Freddie and was basically sat in his lap.

You looked down at the phone and helped the singer type in 'Freddie Mercury statue' into the search bar then showed him a picture of it with a yellow wreath draped over it. "Is that me?" He asked and you nodded, "there's a thing in London as well... we could go. It's called 'Stormtroopers in Stilettos'" you said and looked it up then showed him.

He seemed fascinated by it all so you left him to have a nose around and went to your friend who was making some food for herself in the kitchen. "Alright? I'm gonna-" you were cut off by a shout, "hey! Who's this?!" Freddie called so you rushed back in, it sounded like someone had called your phone. "Freddie, gimme that" you snatched the phone out of his hands to see that he was looking at a picture of himself and Jim in the 80s.

"Who's that man? I want to know who he is" Freddie said and you sighed, "I can't tell you, Freddie. You've seen enough, um, do you want to go somewhere?" You asked and he nodded a little, seeming deflated. "Can I go and see the house?" He asked and you nodded, you were within walking distance from Garden Lodge so it wouldn't be hard to get him there. Except for the huge rank of shops on your way there.

That would be a problem.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not far from here. But you have to promise me something" you said and he stood up and started putting his jacket on, "I don't keep promises very well, my dear, but I can try" he said and you nodded. "I want you to stay with me, no matter what we pass or who we see" you said and he nodded, "I can do that"

You got your coat on and you offered your friend to come but she didn't want to so you and Freddie went out and started a gentle walk towards Garden Lodge. You made him walk holding your arm so he couldn't stray off until you got to Garden Lodge, "this is it, isn't it?" You asked, seeing Freddie's confused face.

"Who's house is this? It's not mine, I assure you that. I'd never move into somewhere like this, it's like a prison" he said but you shook your head, "this is yours. Well, it's Mary's now but it was yours" you said and he looked at you then back at the house, "oh... how is she? How did she cope without me?" He asked and you sighed, "very well, actually. She's been playing the grieving wife for twenty-six years now"