Chapter One

Katherine - Life no. 11

I've lived many lives. The amount of lives you couldn't count on your fingers. I remember them all. The first one less and less the more lives I live. The thing about living for over 400 years is the knowledge. I know nearly 9 languages, due to all the different countries and lives I've been born into. I know the past and the future, which sometimes causes faults because I know I shouldn't change or expect anything for my own advantage. My lives don't work in time. My first life dates back to the 14th century and my second life as far back as the 11th.

Every life that I live I have a different story and always wake up a 15 year old girl. I always look the same and I consume all the memories of that version of myself, as if I lived the life. I also know when I'm supposed to die, whether that in 2 years or even 50. What I know is I must live until I die.

I'm currently living the life of 32 year old Katherine. It's the year 1897. I work in retail. This is one of the less privileged lives I have ever lived. It has been a slow and boring life. I am married with 3 kids in Moncton, Canada. Though I love my children, I long for more.

Some days I picture my old lives. My lovers, my children, my enemies. How I will be lucky to see them again, If my next life is close to their timeline and if I am near them. Or if I will be privileged enough to afford to get to them.

In my first life, I had a wealthy family, my Father was a noble man in King Henry VIII of England court. I was one of his childhood friends. His mother would teach us Spanish. Which strangely prepared me for my next life.

Harry and I, were in love but we weren't allowed to be. We fought so badly that he decided to curse me with the worst thing possible. I could never stop living. Though it may sound a blessing, It was not immortality. I do not get to continue in the same life and live forever. I switch and change to a new being, where I must grow again and again from a girl to and woman. Then love and lose again and again. Too far to reach my old love ones again. And even if I did, I wouldn't truely be that person again, the person they know.

The harsh truth is that I am stuck in this continuous motion. This life as Katherine, I know I die tomorrow. And I will make that my last day. My last day in any body or any life.