Chapter 4 ~Short!~

Voices. I heard voices. I couldn't see anything. All I saw was black. Probably because I didn't have the strength to open my eyes. My mind and ears were working, but the rest of my body wasn't responding. Was I dead? Am I dreaming?

"Angela , I am so sorry about Fay." A woman said, guilt hidden, not very well, in her voice. She was talking to my mother. 

"It's alright, Kathy. I know Kevin was only trying to protect Fay. I'm actually quiet thankful he could put her out before he lost control. She doesn't need this all thrown on her at once. We all know how hard it is for him to keep himself in check around her." My mom replied. What in the world is she talking about?

"How are we going to tell her? When are we going to tell her?" It was Kevin who spoke this time. His voice was distant so I figured he was probably on the other side of the room.

"Calm down, Kevin, dear. You must not rush this. Fay can only take so much at a time. If we just force it all upon her at once, she'll most certainly break and have a melt down. She needs to understand her family history, first. Then, we can ease her in to hers and your connection. She must learn to accept her fate and her place in this world." The woman, Kathy, stated. What? Hold on, rewind that for a second. My fate? My family history? Me and Kevin? A relationship? What the f*ck! Before I could finish screaming in my mind, I heard loose footsteps around the room before a sudden jolt of pain hit me hard. My head. My head was on fire! Suddenly, my body awakened, making me snap my eyes and sending a blood chilling scream from my throat.

"My head! Put it out! PUT IT OUT!" My eyes darted around the room, looking at the faces of my mother, Kevin, and a woman I did not recognize. She looked to be in her late 40's, or so. Their face expression held so much; sadness, shock, confusion, panic, and worry.

"I didn't think I h-hit her that hard." Kevin stammered out, taking a few steps toward me. It was then that I realized I was lying on the kitchen table. Another jolt of pain corsed through my body, causing me to grind my teeth together and dig my nails into the cool, hard, wooden surface of the table. The pain.....

I suddenly felt lightheaded. My body went limp and I sunk into the table, groaning. What is happening? My mother was quickly at my side, placing a cold hand towel over my forehead.

"Kathy, I need you to reach into my purse and give me the shot." My mother ordered, turning her head to the older woman who was leaning against the kitchen counter.

"I'm on it."

My eyes followed Kathy's every move as she grabbed my mom's purse off the closet door handle and began rummaging through it. Meanwhile, I was thrashing my legs and arms, screaming in protest as Kevin and my mother fought to keep me down. I hate shots. And when I say I hate them, I HATE THEM.

Soon, Kathy was at my mother's side, handing her over an object with what looked to be a 2 inch needle poking out the bottom of it. My eyes widened and my mouth went dry at the sight of the needle.

Needles.

Contact.

Flesh.

Pain.

All these thoughts ran through my mind as I whimpered. No! Please no! My mother took hold of the shot with her right hand, keeping her left hand on my right arm, pinning it to the table. I was about to use my left hand to take the shot away from her when the woman, Kathy, walked around the table and pinned it back down, quickly. 

I watched in horror as my mother slowly moved her hand down, making the needle press against the skin of my forearm. I squeezed my eyes shot, preparing for the impact of the needle taring through my flesh and coursing an unknown liquid into my veins. But, the pain I was expecting never came. Instead of pain, I felt pleasure. A cool, relaxing feeling spread throughout my body. Sending comforting tingles down my body. I was suddenly at ease. My body relaxed as I sighed happily. A few moments later, my eyelids became heavy. I fought to keep them open. Now that the pain was gone, I wanted to know what the 3 of them has been talking about. I opened my mouth but just as I forced myself to make the slightest sounds, darkness surrounded me and I fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that it's been a little while since I've posted guys! And I'm sorry that it's short! >~<

I've been kind of busy with... uh... things.

By the way, if you have any questions about the story, don't be afraid to ask! And if you want something specific to happen, please comment! I'd love to hear your guys' ideas! I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I can and I promise that the next chapter will be longer! I promise!

I hope you guys enjoyed!

Until next chapter!

~Tia