Chapter One.

Kyler's Focus.

What are you supposed to think when your best friend tells you he's a vampire? At first, of course, I laughed and thought it was a joke. But I wasn't laughing when Connor suddenly appeared next to me when he was just right in front of me!

"What the heck!" I yelled, surprised as fuck.

"I told you, you're just not listening to me," he stated.

"It's just, well, vampires don't exist. I've never believed in them," I explained to Connor.

"Well, give me your hand, and I'll show you," I gave him my hand. "This is gonna sting."

He bit me. He bit me and so much blood came out - pouring. I was kind of scared. I was bleeding a lot, like holy shit.

"Believe me now?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow. He's just instigating the whole thing.

"So? You naturally bite hard!" I yelled. "And it bleeds hella fucking fast!"

"Wow, you do not give up. Okay, then you bite me," Connor replied nonchalantly.

My face grew red when Connor replied with that, like, uhm, he's been my biggest crush since I knew I was gay; but even then, I still liked him.

"Uh, are you sure? I bite pretty hard," I stammered, looking down so he wouldn't see my peach-colored face.

"Yeah! Go ahead!" he gave me his arm. I grabbed his arm slowly. "Go on."

"Fine," I responded stretching the word longer.

Connor chuckled as I put his arm in my mouth. I'm not going to lie, I was fucking embarrassed, but there's nothing I can do now. I slowly bit him, but I bit him hard.

"Keep going," Connor said, not flinching at all. "Make me bleed."

Okay, so he's a masochist. I mean, I can definitely work with that. Although, he's not flinching, like at all! Normal people actually fucking flinch. My thoughts were growing wilder and wilder as I went deeper into his skin.

Why the fuck is he not bleeding? I know for a fucking fact, that he's supposed to be bleeding. I study fucking medical shit, and I'm a fucking junior, meaning I've spent 3 years in fucking medical school to at least know this dumb shit!

I know I went deep, when I could taste blood, it wasn't like pouring out. It was like a cut in your wrist that you purposely did with a dull knife. At first, nothing, but as you wait for a few seconds it turns pink, and then from there it progresses and bleeds very, very, very little.

"What. The. Fuck. Connor?" he perked up, looking directly at me with his hazel blue eyes. "Why the fuck did you not bleed? Why'd it take so damn long to become at least red! That's not normal-."

"I'm not normal, Kyler," he responded, cutting me off. "I've never been normal. I've always been like this. Remember when we were small and we'd play a game of hide and seek from my dad, so we'd hide together? Remember how you used to complain about not remembering after my dad found us? That was me protecting you. I didn't want you to know that he'd hit me. Remember how I'd tell you that I just tripped on my stairs, and you knew damn well that I didn't even have fucking stairs. Know how I'm captain of our running team, how I'm the fastest? Beating a world record and finishing a three mile run in one minute? That was me - being a vampire."

"Wait, then what happened to my memories when we were small?" I asked, slowly taking in all the information my brain could handle.

"My mom took them. I asked her to, so I could protect you. Everything I've done for you, was all to protect you, Sweets," he answered. I couldn't hate him for doing that, after all, I would've done the same thing for me if I were him.

"Well," he paused. "I understand, but that doesn't mean I'll get used to you being a vampire, Connie."

Wait. Did Connor just blush? Holy fuck.

"I know, Sweets, I know."

"Hey, so do you drink human blood or what do you drink?" I questioned Connor as I grabbed his hand, dragging him to a Cafè that we both love, because of their freshly baked macaroons.

"Uh, no. No, I do not. I drink animal's blood, mostly squirrels and little pests like that," he answered, knowing exactly where they were going.