Chapter 1: I'll Take Her In

>Overlord/Cayden's POV<

"Ayanna." I called. My maid, Ayanna, swept the floors in my room, stopping to listen to my question or request.

"Who do you love?" I asked, a smile gracing my face. Ayanna, pausing, looked at me and said, a smile on her pretty face, "Of course, you, master."

'Ah, she really brightens my mood!' I thought, looking outside. It was dark; the ravens outside were louder than usual. That's not a good sign. Those damn birds, forcing me to clear my head outside in this cold weather instead of sleeping!

"Come, Ayanna. It's time for our nightly walk." I called, in which she beckoned for the crows to get her coat. She styled her long, black hair into two cute ponytails, making one able to see her two colored eyes. The left was a blood red; the right a calling golden. Her coat wasn't stylish or too big or small for her; she was my maid after all. She was wearing a trench coat, but she didn't really like to button it no matter how cold it was. It seemed as if she was immune to the cold and just wore a coat for the fun of it. How cool would that be? She just has crazy endurance.

I opened the door for her; in which her face turned red as she walked through. She looked at me, then giggled, though I'm not sure why. Whether or not she's my maid, it's not nice for a guy to get a girl to open the door for them. I looked at the floor, questioning all the possibilities for her laugh when I froze.

I nearly kicked the small thing out of my way. I wanted to. I so desired to strangle the thing to death. "Little brother, it seems you like wandering in other people's mansions. Why not stay here forever with me?" I proposed, a creepy smile appearing on my face. The trash shivered.

His big blue eyes stared into mine with fear, tears already starting to slip out. He wore black jeans and a simple white shirt with a black vest over it. I snorted. 'You dare steal my, Cayden Lancaster's, magic, forcing me to perform the ritual to obtain dark magic and yet you stand in front of me as if I had just destroyed your family! Insolent fool!' I thought, not bothering to say it out loud.

"S-sorry brother... This... trash... asks for forgiveness! I am sorry!" He stuttered, before scurrying away, taking his little body as far as it could go.

Yes that was my little brother, Ivan Lancaster. Why do I hold such animosity towards him you ask? That bastard not only took one of my wings, but also took my powers and combined them with his! I was left powerless and was almost kicked out of the royal palace if not for the quick sacrifice of a human being who dared anger me during this time. I used him as a sacrifice for me obtaining dark magic.

Dark magic is not something you gain when you are born; it is something you gain through the sacrifice of a life. A human life. I swallowed a bitter taste as I remembered that time. No matter what, it is killing, beneficial or not, whether I hate the person or not. I still feel quite guilty for that but I had no choice. They would have slaughtered me to make sure I don't tell anyone of the secrets of the palace and say I committed suicide from the sadness of not having powers anymore. Trust me,I know my relatives. They are not kind, blood related or not. I did it to survive.

"Master, are you there? Liliswen to Master! It's time to go." I looked at her then froze. "Ayanna, don't ever say that word again, okay? You know the consequences." I commanded.

She nodded and then shrugged, walking forward.

...
We had finally gotten outside. It was a chilly night just as I had guessed. Rain poured down, moisturizing the hard soil and giving life to the plants in the comfort of it.

I walked down the the gravel path, looking up into the dark sky. It reminded me of something, something I cannot remember. Then I stopped in my tracks my eyes widening.

There was a huge crack in this part of the sky! Has someone forced their way into our world?!

My face darkened. I remembered when we were kids the adults were tell us a certain tale over and over. The tale was that every 2,000 years somebody will break into our world and stay there for the rest of their lives. However, they are supposedly different than the others as they have extraordinary intelligence and strength and naturally become the number one strongest, unrivalled in all aspects. They will be the heroes of our world and protect it.

Suddenly, I felt a hand pull me back and I looked down in front of me. There was a huge crater in the middle of the path, and, who was that? A girl?

Blood seeped out of her head and her mouth was opened as if she had yet to finish her final sentence. However, I could hear the heartbeat coming from her all the way up here and smell the sweet smell that caused me to gasp.

Ayanna pulled me yet again after seeing my dazed state. "We have to save her!" She said, which made me come back to reality. Ah, that's right! How I could I forget she was bleeding to death. "Mmhmm." I hummed.

One wing protruded out from the left side of my back, while another was created by my dark magic. I flew slightly unsteadily to the bottom of the crater, staring at the girl curiously.

Her long white hair was scattered messily at the bottom of the crater. Weirdly enough, her clothes weren't damaged despite everything else. She wore a white fuzzy winter hat and a white jacket that was buttoned up with black pants and long white boots. Her boots were so high up on her legs that it looked like she could be wearing stockings at first glance. Her clothes distinctly matched with her white hair, and she looked like a goddess.

I nearly started licking the blood off her body when I realized I shouldn't do that. I scooped her up in my arms and flew back into the sky, covering the crater with new gravel somehow.

Landing, my wings folded back and I could feel their comforting presence dissapearing. "Ayanna, let's go home." I said. I don't know why but I felt slight animosity in Ayanna eyes which quickly disappeared, causing me to shrug it off as my imagination.

After we got home, we got the family doctor to treat her and it turns out in just a few days she will be healed. We went to bed soon after.

...

A/N: What do you think of this first chapter. Let me know! I never get comments!

Haha, that's right, pity me and comment! Just kidding xD.

Thanks for reading!