Chapter Four: Shrouded in Mystery

Sorcery? there hasn't been a sorcerer in over a hundred millennia! And why would a sorcerer have a shadow plague work against Union Of Alliances?

And why was I such an interesting topic to those people? To the point were they were so quit?

"And what were they talking about when they talked about my seventeenth birthday? That was still 10 months from now!

"Gaah!," I yelled as I smashed my head on my desk.

I was expected to do my history studies, but how could my tutor expect me to with so much on my mind!

Oh, that's right. I couldn't tell anyone or else they would think I'm mad! Besides, if the people in that meeting were secretive enough to put up a distraction spell, they probably didn't want sixteen year-olds to eavesdrop the conversation!

But how would I hear it if there was a spell? Did they put it on wrong? Yeah right! I bet you some of the most important people in the Union were there, with really talented wizards. So how did I hear them?

"Gaah!" I said again, this time looking to a painting of my mother over my bookshelf.

"If only you were here" I whispered, "I bet you would know what to do"

I rested my head on the desk. And closed my eyes.

Well, I guessed if was going to get answers, I had to do it myself. Well, maybe with a little help.

_ ☾ _

"So what do you say?" I asked Jasper, after explaining everything.

"Huh?" he replied, "Sorry, I wasn't listening"

"Are you ok, Jasper? You've been a little distant lately."

"Yes! I'm fine!" he yelled.

His face softened when he looked at me.

"Sorry, I've just been a little stressed" he said.

"That alright" I said. I knew he was under some stress. His family was practically broke and he was making most of the income while his mother and sister worked at a seamstress shoppe.

"So tell me about this mystery of yours" he said.

After Talking my mouth of only pausing to breathe, i finally stopped.

"So what do you say?" I asked.

"I'm in, just promise not to take this to seriously, we're still just kids"

"Fine!," I groaned with mock exasperation, "But really, where's your sense of adventure?" I joked.

"I left it in my other pants" he smiled.

_ ❢ _

A/N

Yeah, kinda a short, fillerish chapter, BUT, I'm going to update very soon, and that's when things get really crazy.

What do you guys think will happen next? Guess in the comments below ☟. Thank you and be sure to follow!

With love and fillers,

Moshi_Iniko