05: History Repeats Itself

(I'm too lazy to edit right now, but I'm gonna be using past tense from now on)

A really short chapter just to let you readers know that I'm still alive :)

RIN'S POV
(A.K.A INFO-CHAN)

I groaned loudly as he entered the room without acknowledging me. "You could've told me you were coming back."

He scoffed. "I'm a grown man. I don't have to tell you everything." he sat down on the chair that I once used to sit on, right in front of the computer— which was the only source of light in the room.

"So, what's happening between you and that boy?" I asked casually, trying to squeeze out information.

But, he saw right through me and just laughed. "As if I'd tell you. What happens between me and a client is confidential. I wouldn't tell anyone. Especially not the girl who's friends with our target."

"You're targeting Ayano?"

"Not exactly," he replied. "Don't worry. We're not planning anything that can harm her."

"Hurting those she loves does harm her," I snapped. "Osano's her childhood friend. She loves him. He loves her. He practically knows her better than she knows herself!"

His eyes glared intensely at me, as his lips curled into a smirk. "Najimi knows less about Aishi than this client does. Does he know her true personality? No. This client is the only one who truly understands her."

"If he really knew her— he'd know killing Osano would piss off Ayano."

"She did the same thing. Stop protecting her so much," he chuckled. "You didn't stop it either. You just helped her without at least a bit of advice, and let the worst happen."

I kept my lips sealed.

That was true.

"I guess history is repeating itself, huh?"