-

As Damien, Abe, the chef, and Benjamin all stood outside the room Celine and Y/N were in, Colonel William waited at the foot of the stairs for the rest of them. As soon as William started hearing Celine shout, he quickly made his way up the stairs, heart pounding. He arrived to the DA standing there in shock as Abe was having a heated discussion with the chef and Benjamin about the grounds keeper that lived on the property. One of them said “murder”, causing the thunder to crack again and frustrating Celine further. She rushed at them.

“For the last time, stop saying that word!” she said sternly, glaring at the group of men with Damien close behind her.

“Look, George just tends to the grounds man. He’s a f*cking hermit!” the chef retorted at Abe, his tone insistent upon his claims.

“I don’t care wHAT THE F*CK HE IS!” shouted Abe back at the chef. Damien stepped forward, gripping his cane tightly.

“Look, all this arguing is getting us nowhere. Just go outside and talk to this George and be done with it.” Damien said, looking Abe square in the eyes. Abe’s expression changed to confusion.

“Hold on a second. You’re not coming with us?” asked Abe, his tone still defensive.

“I… I need to stay here with Celine.” Damien said, raising his cane and gesturing to Celine with his free hand. William stepped forward, placing his hand on Damien’s shoulder and shoving him aside.

“Like hell you need to Damien. I’ll stay with Celine. I’ve witnessed some of what she can do and she’s my… my friend.” said the colonel, stopping himself before he said “love” rather than “friend”. Celine looked at him with confusion on her face. She stood there for a moment and then sighed, looking down.

“Fine Will, just this last time will I accept your help.” Celine’s words pierced William’s heart as he remembered the countless nights the two of them spent trying to stay out of Mark’s prying eye, Celine putting all the blame upon Will for what happened to her and Mark’s shattered marriage. Damien stepped forward, looking the Colonel in the eyes.

“Why do you suddenly care William? You were so apathetic earlier about the whole matter, why this sudden change of heart?” pressed Damien, his tone rising. “Mark was my friend, and I know you had something happen between the two of you. You haven’t seen, let alone talked to Mark for years, and you two were practically brothers!” The usually quiet mayor was now shouting at his friend again, his cane raised and he gripped it so tightly that his knuckles were white.

“ENOUGH!” yelled Celine, quickly raising and putting her hands down in anger. “William will help me. His reasonings to what his intent may be are unimportant. Damien, you go with the others and check on George.”

“Fine.” sighed Damien, bringing his cane down with a thud. “So long as we get answers to all of this. Just… please be safe you two. I already lost one friend today…” Damien said, looking down and rubbing the top of his cane absentmindedly.