Chapter 1: A grand surprise

Middle School just got out and it was summer time. I had zero plans for the summer, and I was perfectly fine with that I was sleeping in on the first day of summer when my mom called me down for breakfast.

Lily's mom: lily time for breakfast, I made chocolate chip pancakes.

Me: be right there. I yelled still half asleep.

At the table.

Me: morning mom. I said in a big stretch.

mom: morning honey, I have a surprise for you.

Me: you mean besides pancakes.

mom: Yep, you're going to camp for the whole week.

Me: What! What do you mean I'm going to camp for the week? It's the first week of summer!

mom: well I overheard some moms talking about a camp for kids like yourself so I signed you up for it.

Me: kids like me? Mom c'mon we both know I'm the only half faunus half angel in this world, and I'm just going to get picked on for my eyes and wings. I said in disbelief and annoyance.

Mom: I know we're the only ones left I just meant kids who are not human, and no one is going to make fun of you.

I raised my eyebrow up doubting her.

Mom: c'mon, It'll be fun, now go pack your things we leave here in half an hour.

Me: fine

After I got all my things that I take with me whenever I go somewhere for more then one night, we got in the car and drove off to the bus.

Mom: c'mon chin up look at this as a new adventure.

Me: *sigh* fine I'll try and have fun.

Mom: here how about a deal?

Me: what kind of deal? I asked curiously.

Mom: if you don't like it this year I won't make you go again.

Me: raise my allowance to five dollars per chore and you have a deal.

Me and my mom shook on it.

Mom: here we are. Now I have to go to work I'll see you at the end of the summer. Have fun, be safe, and try to make some friends.

Me: ok I'll try.

Mom: love you

Me: love you to. I yelled as she pulled away.

Counselor: hi you must be lilyana right?

Me: yep that's me.

Counselor: alright just follow me and we'll have someone take your bags.

Me: ok but can I keep this one on me? I asked holding up a small bag.

Counselor: sure, that should be fine, now go ahead and find a seat.

As I got on the bus with my travel bag I looked around and saw a lot of the seats were taken, I found a seat right behind the driver and sat there.Once everyone was counted off the bus made their way up to the campsite.

Random camper: hey you, with the bow what's your name? A boy behind me asked.

Me: my name's lilyana. I replied politely.

Random camper: that's a dumb name but I'm Shadow and this is Henry.

Henry: hi

Me: hello

Shadow: are you new? You don't look familiar.

Me: actually I am, this is my first time.

Shadow: that explains why I don't recognize you, anyways what type of myth are you? Me and Henry are wolves.

Me: I would prefer not to say.

Shadow: that's fine you're going to have to so it doesn't matter, anyways what's with the bandages on your eyes? Are you blind?

Me: no, I just don't like to reveal my eye color. I get picked on a lot because of it.

Shadow: hm, well alright you're going to have to reveal that to.

Me: why do I have to reveal it?

Shadow: because we don't keep secrets here at hidden camp.

Me: well I'd like to see them try it's staying a secret whether they like it or not.

Shadow: well we'll know soon enough.

As he turned to pester another camper

Driver: were here welcome to camp hidden.