Chapter 02.

Tнє Sυммєя I мєt уσυ; Jυℓу 1ѕt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was already Sunday; the first official day of Summer vacation. And you know what? I was expecting some grand finale like the one displayed in High School Musical 2.

But there was none of that. No singing about the pool, or the sun, or the baking. Just plain old Abigail sitting in the front seat of a car with three suit cases stacked behind her. Personally, I didn't understand why they were sending me away in the first place. I'd gotten myself into trouble before, but never was this idea of 'camp' brought up. I'd prefer getting locked in my room the whole summer. Then at least I'd have a window to climb out of.

Camp Atticus was a place for people like Susan Wells and a total hell for people like me. I wasn't gonna belong at this place with nerdy boy scouts and for the whole two months of Summer? No way.

"Sorry I took so long," my mother said, bouncing into the driver's seat. "Seat belts. Yes?"

I nodded and pulled up the strap to show her. She smiled in approval and buckled herself in. I stared at my mother for a few seconds and observed her happy attitude. Small wrinkles were visible under her eyes and she looked a bit stressed out. I'd hate to think it was because of me. It probably was.

I sighed, and stared out at the window thinking of all the horrors of the camp. "C'mon Abby, don't act so miserable. Maybe a couple of months away from home is all you need."

No, I needed my father. But he's dead so you can rule that necessity out. Plus I'm sure all you're looking forward to is sucking Luc's dick all day, now that I won't be there to interrupt you two. I rolled my eyes and ignored her comment but then she continued.

"I'm sure you'll make a ton of friends to have fun with. The brochure had a long list of activities you  participate in. There's even a talent show towards the end. Oh Abby, you have such a pretty voice. Remember all those talent shows you competed in? Remember the ones you won with Susan—."

I cut her off. "No, mom. I'm not gonna make any friends, I'm not gonna have fun and I'm definitely not entering some stupid talent show. Now please, drop the subject." She looked away guiltily and sighed apologetically.

"I'm sorry, darling. I just really want you to enjoy yourself while your there," she muttered.

I took a deep breath and looked at her. "I'll do my best to go with the flow." The only thing I was looking forward to was upsetting camp officials and other members.

        The rest of the car ride was silent other than the soft hum of the radio. No body really ever paid attention to it and I was too curious as to what to expect at his camp. I gasped a little too loudly when we approached a beautiful, gated landscape. A fountain stood before a large hotel-like building. This was like a landscape of wealth fit with acres of lush, green, exotic trees placed like chess pieces around the prominent mansion.

"No way, mom. I am not staying here," I groan. I was expecting cabins and dirt and real actual nature with animals and worms and things. But instead, here I was pulling up to the grand hotel in the middle of no where. What type of sick game was this? I didn't belong here.

"Please don't make me stay here. Take me home, mom. I don't want to stay in this palace thing," I whine.

She laughed as if I were joking and shook her head. "Get used to it, princess.You didn't think I'd send you to a dump, did you?" I groaned once again and glanced out the window. I bet they feasted on stars here. What the hell was I doing here anyways?

I was definitely gonna make enemies on my first day. They were rich, happy little elves, and I was stubborn. That was my issue. I was too hard headed, tenacious, rebellion embedded, boorish in my own steadfast ways and I loved to teach lessons, even if they resulted in me punishing myself. Most people would say I am hard to handle. But guess what? I don't care.