Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Acting Like a Child

Hanabi's Point of View

|7:30 PM|

And so, I didn't realize I'm about to fall asleep on the ground infront of our apartment. It was a very tiring day, lots of customers in the cafe today. I'm very busy lately, huh? I didn't have time to bond with my friends for a while. I wonder how they're all doing recently.

"Hanabi! Good evening to you!"

I heard someone called me from behind, I turned around to see who it is. It was Harley, Lesley's younger brother. It is the first time for me interacting with him socially.

"Oh hi, Harley! Good evening to you too. Why are you here?", I asked him while I stood up to go to him.

"Oh nothing, it's just Hilda wanted to see you. She has a favor for you", as he said it, my heart began to beat a little faster.

"What favor?", my hands began to sweat from nervousness.

"I have no idea, that's why I'm telling to you go to her room", Harley showed a disappointed face.

"Oh okay then", I replied awkwardly as I went inside the apartment to one of the rooms. Hilda's room is on the first floor so it was not very tiring for me since I'm already tired.

As I'm walking, I noticed Harley following me with a face that's about to burst out of laughter. Is he going to prank me? He's the type of person that likes to prank other people despite of his young age! Like what the heck?

I didn't bother to ask him why he is following me. I continued going to Hilda's room. I opened the dark brown colored door of her room slowly as Harley watches me from behind. I saw Hilda standing near the window, watching the trees outside sway while holding a fancy glass of wine. She was trying to get emotional I guess? I walked to her quietly, and Harley too, walked carelessly.

"Hi, Hilda, what do you need from me?", I asked her and she got surprised because she looks like she didn't expect me to come here.

"What? I don't need something from you", she said which got me confused. I knew Harley was putting a prank on me.

"Well, I guess I need a person, a very trusted person particularly. It's a good thing that you came here. That person would be you, right?", she said, then Hilda turned around me to face me.

Ughhh, oh my god, what am I going to do this time?! As I was thinking, I noticed that she is wearing a casual outfit, the kind of outfit you wear when you are going somewhere else. She is going away, right? Again?

"I need you to babysit my son, Harley. Got it? Thank you for your help, Hanabi", she ordered me. She is a type if person you can't say NO to, unless you're the bravest human-being in the earth.

"Hanabi is going to babysit me? Yayy! This is the bestest night ever!", Harley interrupted us, talking like an innocent guy, like she didn't tell me that I should going here.

"Okay? Because I'm going away, I can't find Lesley too. I think she went to her friend's house or somewhere else", Hilda explained, while she put the glass of wine she was holding on the table.

"Sorry, I couldn't find her as well", I replied while looking at the picture frame on the peach colored wall. It looks like a family picture. It seems it was taken long time ago because the picture is black and white. I'll check this picture later. ~evil laugh~