Chapter - 1

*You fall face first into a patch of golden flowers.

"Ouch... That really hurt..." I muttered, rubbing my head.

*You look up at the distant sunlight.

*You won't be able get out the way you got here.

"I'm more concerned on how I survived that fall and why I'm hearing voices in my head..." I got to my feet and brushed some dirt from my shorts and legs. There appeared to be a tunnel I could go down. Perhaps I could find another way out in that direction. I picked up a fallen branch that I could use to protect myself and started walking.

As I turned around a corner and went through what looked like an archway and spotted a little creature laying in a lone beam of light. Was it a cat or a dog? Hard to tell. I approached it.

"Hoi! I'm Tem. Ten da Temmie. You're new to da underground, huh? You must be so confused. Ten will teach you how things work around here! Ready?"

"Sure, I guess." I shrugged. At least Tem seemed cute and friendly. Suddenly a red heart glowed from my chest.

"See dat heart? Dat's your soul. Da very culmination of your being. It may start out weak, but can grow strong if you have lots of LV! You may ask what's LV. It's love of course! You want some love, don't you?"

A pounding headache came over me and my left eye throbbed. Red shatter-like marks danced in my vision. As I attempted to keep my balance, I could see Tem grinning wildly with fangs bared and evil intent in their eyes. I regained my balance and blinked repeatedly. Tem was still cute and innocent.

"Down here, love is shared with little white 'Temmie flakes'. Here, grab as many as you can."

I reached to catch a few, only for it to sting me like a bullet.

"You idiot! In this world, it's kill or be killed! Who would pass up an opportunity like this?!" Ten grinned wildly and let their claws come around as the surrounded me with the painful flakes. "Die!"

A blazing fireball blasted by and knocked Tem away, saving me from certain doom.

"Are you alright, my child?" asked a caring yet deep voice. "What a terrible creature, torturing an innocent youth."

I turned to see who saved me and gasped at the sight a tall goat man equipped with huge ram horns and a blonde beard.

"Do not be afraid, child. I am Asgore, the caretaker of these ruins. I pass through here every day to see if anybody has fallen. It has been a very long time since a human has come here. Come with me, I shall guide you through the catacombs."

"A-alright," I replied nervously as a followed after him. "And thank you for saving me, by the way."