Confidence

Copyright

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot and every word of this book belongs to the author. Please respect that. Thank you!

Note To Readers: Please excuse any mistakes and how silly some concepts may seem as those are my points of view. We all commit mistakes as we are humans, aren't we? This book is also unedited, so some parts will not flow with the other parts. I will edit them as soon as possible. Please excuse these issues for now.
So, lets start the journey of this story. Hope you would like it. ^_^
______________________________

My eyes flew open under the dark blue sky. I got up from the ground and gazed around to find myself surrounded by yellow knee-length grasses that bent forward and backward as though they were dancing in the warm breeze that blew past them. The sun emitted its bright golden light at the top of the grasses making them glisten. There were several trees at distant that quivered wildly in the warm breeze. As much as the entire place was soothing me, there was a grave, weird silence.

As I tugged a strand of hair behind my ear lobe, I caught a movement at the corner of my left eye. I immediately turned in that direction. A feminine figure dressed in white hid behind the tree. I swallowed as the drying sensation in my throat seized in.

I dragged my legs towards the tree taking small steps. The girl was now visible. I swallowed even more this time as my throat was beginning to dry harder. "Are you thirsty? Follow me if you need water." Her soft voice felt like a lullaby. She began to walk holding her dress with both of her hands. Her long and curly-brown hair glimmered under the golden sunlight. She soon began to run and I had to increase my pace to catch up with her. "You need water. Follow me, Ashley. You are thirsty." I was beginning to daze into the oblivion at slow pace. Her lullaby-like soothing voice was drowning me in slumber. I winked a couple of times and the bright sunny day transformed into a gloomy night at the last wink.

She halted near a blue glistening pond of water. "Go ahead, this is all yours." Her voice faded and she disappeared into the thin air.

I bent on my knees and took a handful of water. My hands were only an inch away from my mouth when the blue water changed into red. They parted and the blood fell onto my theighs. I frowned and stood up. The red liquid in the entire pond was nothing but blood. I grabbed my head as I ran out of oxygen.

"Hey-hey-hey! Are you okay?" The guy across the table asked me.

"I am sorry. A nightmare." I wiped my sweat covered forehead.

"I can't believe that you were sleeping in the middle of the cafetaria." He pushed his lunch tray towards me. "A nightmare in the day time? Sounds weird." I nodded and picked one of the sandwiches."What was it about?"

I placed the sandwich back on the tray. "Blood. A big pond of blood." I shook my head at tge memory. "It felt surreal."

He folded his arms and leaned over the table. "It doesn't sound good."

"There was a girl with golden-brown hair. She guided me to a pool of water and disappeared and..." I was interrupted by one of the two guys that approached our table.

"Excuse me! Can we borrow Scott for a while?" The guy bent next to me and tied his shoe laces. Before I could even reply, the other guy dragged my friend off his chair playfully. Scott punched the guy in his stomach as he chortled.

"I will see you at the Karate class." He flashed a smile at me and I nodded. The three of them left the cafetaria smacking each other.

I sank into the chair and began to munch on the sandwiches. Taking a glimpse of my watch, I pushed the tray and straightened up.

"Ashley, right?"

I turned my head only to find a tanned guy with jet black hair. "Yeah?"

Taking a long step, he slipped into the chair across the table. "You won't mind if I sit here, would you?" I folded my hands up against my chest as I fixated my gaze upon him. "You are the same Ashley who had been winning the black belt from past three years... I can't believe."

I pulled my eyebrows together in utter perpelexion. "How do you know that?" I had no idea about how the guy knew about my karate skills, my name and the most wanted question that popped up in my head was 'who he was'.

He covered his mouth with both of his hands and chortled. "I am fighting against you this evening." My mouth fell open. I scrutinized him from head to chest, then bent to my left and rolled my eyes from his feet to waist. He seriously had no idea what he was getting himself into. I could easily knock him on the floor in just a single punch. His body size was average, but if we were of same height, I could not fail to make him taste my bitter kicks and salty punches.

I could not help but laugh at these mere thoughts. I had been winning the black belts since past seven years in my life and there seemed no chance for me to lose to him.

The bell rang and I was pulled out of my reverie. The guy was already gone. I took my bag and left for the next class.

The rest of the classes passed in a blur. After the end of the last class, I went to my locker and emptied my bag with the wanted books. As I slammed the door shut, I stuttered and my heart skipped a beat. "You!" I yelled.

The guy grinned through his teeth. "Calm down! I just came to see your beautiful face for one last time. It won't look same after this evening, at least for a while."

Comparing our heights, I laughed. He stood only an inch taller than me.

"Keep dreaming, but forget about the thought of defeating me." I maintained a calm tone. He began to punch the locker he was leaning against a moment ago and laughed hysterically with a blend of sarcasm.

"Drop your over confidence, missy." All the sarcasm vanished as he clenched his teeth. "You might be the champion of your institution, but your teacher follows a loose regulation. My small brother goes there and he tells me everything. Your master met mine and argued over the fact that our institution is better. They ended up making a bet that the champions of both the institutions would fight against each other and the winner would decide which one is better." He was flaming heavily. Clenching his fists on his sides, he punched the locker next to me and walked away.

Besides being astound, I was panick striken. What if he defeated me and I lost to him so badly? I cannot let Mr. Lieu down.  I had to defeat the guy and this situation was going to be either do or die. As I began to hyperventilate, the entire area around me blurred off.

______________________________

Thanks for stopping by and reading this chapter. Even a peek on this page is highly appreciated. ^_^

So, Hello all! How are you doing? I hope you are doing pretty well.

It took me a while to take a break and develop a strong plot. So, here I am... back with my story.

Note: This is an unedited version, so there could be more than 100000s of mistakes. Suggestions regarding grammatical mistakes and writing styles are to be highly appreciated.

If you liked this chapter, hit the 'star' and turn it to orange. This would mean a lot to me.

Comments will be replied as soon as possible.

Love ♡♡♡

Ashley