A promise

Flames P.O.V

"As I said, Rat, I'm not going to give you that kiss!" Mei said, puffing out her cheeks. I didn't know anyone else who was cute and hot at the same time. 

"Fine then, you won't get your hairpin back." I teased her, and I twirled the pin faster. 

"You are such a jerk!" Mei finally said, before leaving me. I'm not a jerk, am I? I only want what's best for her that juicy kiss. 

I tried to catch up with her, but with all the people crowded around, It was difficult. Thankfully since I am 6'5", I was able to keep an eye on her. 

"Mei, come back!" I yelled after her, pushing my way through the tough crowd. "I'll do anything, please! I didn't mean it. I was only playing." I frantically made excuses so she wouldn't leave me, like everyone else in the world. 

Mei stopped mid-step, she turned towards my direction. I finally got there and I hunched myself over in my usual position. That hurts like a bitch

"Anything..." I heard Mei mumble. Hopefully she gets some... 'funny' ideas

"Then why won't you give me my hairpin back, and leave me alone." Mei growled. I never saw a face like what she gave me. It was a look of pure disgust and rage.

"What did I ever do to you? After all those good times with you, you continue to shut me out! What about the first time I ever met you. What about our mission together!" I got scared by her face, I couldn't explain my emotion. 

"That mission. That mission was filled with death, that YOU caused. Don't you ever say that was a 'good time'. I thought you were going to be a fun person to hang around, but you constantly throw me daggers. A psychopath has no place in Overwatch." Her cold words cut me. 

"Those people were going to die, Mei. I couldn't help them, no matter how hard I tried. I'm sorry. Mei, I care about you." People began to murmur around us. 

"You don't care about me, you only care about what I give you. I gave you my attention, I gave you my feelings. But a psychopath can't feel the same. I gave up trying." Mei spat out, looking at her boots. What makes her think I'm a psychopath? Have I really treated her that bad? 

"Mei!" I grabbed her arm, "There is no amount of pain that could describe how I feel that I hurt you. I never meant for this to happen." I began to hug her. I never wanted this to happen. How could I let myself do that to her, she probably doesn't even like me. Why do I do this to myself? 

"Jamison...." I heard a deep growl behind me. 

"Roadhog, not now. I'm fine" I managed to say, holding back my pain. I let go of Mei and give her the hair piece. "You want me to leave you alone? I will, only to never cause you pain again." 

I'm so mad. Madly confused. Why did I even say that? What have I done? What will happen now?

Mei wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my lips. Wh-whot? 

"I'm sorry for what I said, I was just... I didn't know my feelings. I thought if I could push you away, everything would be okay." Mei said, letting go of me and staring into my soul. Those wonderful eyes. 

"Please, let's just forget about this." Mei said, looking at all the people who are staring at us. 

"I promise to be by your side. I won't leave you." I said, and I mean't it.