Chapter 23: Grand Magic Games Inauguration

The X791 Grand Magic Games is about to begin and a massive audience is celebrating and cheering for the participants at the Domus Flau. Team Natsu and Elfman are in their preparation room, getting ready and wearing their uniforms. Elfman realizes his uniform is for Wendy and it will not fit him. Natsu mocks him that it will be perfect for him and the fact that his body has buffed up lately.

-

"Are you really going to ignore your brother?" Kai asked

"As far as i'm concerned, I don't have a brother" Aika said 

"that boy Grey, you used to like him didn't you?" Daichi asked a bit jealous

"yes i did, but now I have you" Aika said kissing him, he kissed back, after she pulled away she said "so their's no need to be jealous"

"Yeah" Daichi agreed putting his arm around her waist

"Let's get wasted tonight!" Kai cheered and the other two shook their heads happily

"Hand it over" Aika said and Kai chucked her a bottle

"I think she got her excessive drinking from Cana" Daichi commented

"Cana stayed at the guild with me mostly so of course I picked up her drinking habit" Aika said rolling her eyes

"Who'd you pick up the modeling from?" Kai asked

"Mira" Aika said

"And I got it from my sister Jenny" Daichi added

"well whatever, let's get drunk" Kai cheered

"yeah" Daichi and Aika agreed

-

The Grand Magic Games officially begin. Chapati Lola and Yajima stands as the games' commentators and their guest, Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus, she's Daichi's older sister. Chapati is about to introduce this year's participants consisting of eight teams. 

Team Natsu and Elfman makes their entrance representing Fairy Tail, but the audience boos them for their low reputation during the past years. Despite being booed by the audience, Fairy Tail along with Mavis Vermilion cheer for the team. Mavis explains to the guild she got bored on Tenrou Island and decides to cheer for her guild.

The next team to arrive coming in seventh place Team Mermaid Heel from Mermaid Heel then makes their entrance, followed by Team Blue Pegasus from Blue Pegasus. The next team is, Team Lamia Scale from the Lamia Scale Guild. The team placing in fourth is a recent legitimate guild which is revealed to be Team Raven Tail, shocking Fairy Tail as well as the audience.

Ivan Dreyar, the guild's master, stands at the sides stating he has been waiting long for this. Alexei then turns to say to Team Natsu and Elfman that they were responsible for Wendy and Carla's condition, angering Natsu.

The audience and the participants wonder who are the Three guilds left. The guild who came Third place is revealed to be Team Fairy Tail B, consisting of Gajeel, Mirajane, Juvia, Laxus, and Jellal who secretly disguises himself as Mystogan, making Natsu's team Team Fairy Tail A. Chapati states that in this year's games a guild is enabled to participate two teams surprising everyone in the arena. 

Suddenly, Natsu shouts to the other team that even if they are competing under the same guild they won't go easy on them, to which they agree. Jellal reveals himself to Erza which surprises Makarov and asks Mavis for her approval which she agrees. Team Sabertooth from Sabertooth, Fiore's number one guild emerges into the arena. 

In First place is Team Shadow Hunter from Guild Shadow Hunter. Natsu stared at his sister, she's grown up so much without him. He should've went looking for her that day, but instead he went to the guild to cry about it.

Chapati shows the participants the programs of the tournament and explains that each guild has varying points according to their rankings.

The rules of the tournament's programs are announced. As the rules say, each team may choose any member of the team for the events, but during the battles the sponsors will have the right to choose by various factors such as fan votes. Also, in the battles the winner gains 10 points while the losing team gains 0 points.

"Alright lets go" Kai shouted

"Kai" Daichi sighed

"stop embarrassing us" Aika said hitting the back of his head

"Sorry" Kai laughed, rubbing the back of his head