chapter 3

After I departed from Mitch, he actually gave me his number! This was very exciting.

I walked towards the exit of the park. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey loser. How you doin? I thought you were dead?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Cole. I groaned.

"Just leave me alone." I said quietly and walked away. he started following me and I started running home as fast as I could. When I got there I slammed the door in his face.

After a few minutes I opened the door again and he lay there moaning and his nose bleeding. I giggled and he got up.

"you will pay." he turned around and walked away. I shrugged and went inside.

THE NEXT NIGHT

Mitch and I were going out to dinner at an Italian place downtown.

I put on a turquoise high waisted skirt and a black crop top. I put on a bit of eyeliner and my hair into a high ponytail.

I walked out the door and started the ignition of my car.

As I drove downtown I turned on the radio. The song, 'Say Something' came on. I started singing quietly.

About halfway through the song a tear slipped down my face.

FLASHBACK

"Ugh you worthless loser!" Samantha yelled and kicked me in the stomach multiple times.

I groaned after every kick until I blacked out.

FLASHBACK OVER

The song ended and I was sobbing. I can't believe that Mitch liked me. I was a loser. He didn't deserve me.

I parked my car on the street and got out. The restaurant was about a block away.

I wiped away my tears and started walking. I love walking through the city at night. It's refreshing.

I walked in and saw Mitch at a table. I saw him and greeted him. "Hey." I said softly. "Wow Ariana... You look... Amazing." I blushed.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Are you okay. It looks like you've been crying."

I nodded. "Mitch look. I don't deserve you. No one likes me, and you shouldn't either." I slowly walked out.

Mitch just sat there shocked.

I walked out and started crying again. I turned a corner and ran. Suddenly someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the dark alleyway between two buildings.

I squirmed. "Where do you think you're going you worthless piece of shit."

Oh god no. It was Cole.

"Cole what do you want from me?"

"This."

I was startled by a blow to the face by his fist. He kicked me in the stomach.

I hurt all over. Suddenly he stopped and pulled out a gun to my head.

"Please...stop." I sobbed. I struggle but his grasp was tight.

"Don't fight it." I stopped he took a step back still aiming at my head.

"This will only hurt a bit." I braced myself.

Then I heard a gunshot. But I didn't feel anything. I looked and saw Mitch on the ground passed out with blood all over him.

I screamed and got up and punched Cole in the face and kicked him in the spot.

I ran over to Mitch. He was still alive but passed out.

"No, no!" I whispered.

I took my phone out and dialed 911.

"This is all my fault..."