Twins

The thing about siblings is you never have to worry about not having a friend. You may fight and you may disagree and you may get on each other's nerves, but they're always there. They'll cover for you when you sneak out of the house, or they'll stand up for you when someone is being a bully. Siblings are great and terrible all at the same time. There was the oldest who liked to pretend to be the parent, there was the youngest who always got away with murder, and sometimes there was a middle child who was the odd man out or the one often over looked. Then, every once in a while, there was a set of twins.

Stiles and Spencer Stilinski were just that. Identical in every way, physically at least. They both had the same messy brown hair and light brown eyes. The two were inseparable growing up. They shared everything. They were each other's best friend so it was no surprise they asked to dorm together while at college.

They had both gotten into Berkeley on scholarship. Stiles was following their dad's footsteps as sheriff and majoring in Criminal justice. Spencer, however, was majoring in computer programming; he could do anything with a computer.

They arrived at campus early to set up their room only to find out they were going to have a third roommate. Spencer had been excited where as Stiles was more reserved. The twins were, as others had put it, love 'em or hate 'em type. Most people tolerated their shenanigans while others seemed to genuinely hate them. Stiles feared their new roommate might be the latter.

"Stop stressing, Stiles," Spencer said tossing a glance over his shoulder at his brother.

"I thought there were only supposed to be two per room," Stiles huffed as he typed furiously on his laptop.

"We got a bigger room, bigger rooms have three or four," Spencer shrugged.

"Okay, the guy's name is Derek Hale, he's a sophomore," Stiles said looking at the dorm charts on the Berkeley site.

"Did you hack the Dean's dorm charts?" Spencer asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"You're the one who taught me how to do it," Stiles waved a dismissive hand.

"We've been here three minutes," Spencer said with a toss of his hands.

"We've been here for over an hour, stop being overdramatic," Stiles closed out of the window on his laptop.

"Oh, I'm being dramatic. I'm sure our roommate will be fine, seriously don't worry about it," Spencer put a hand on his brother's shoulder.

Stiles whirled around in his computer chair, "Don't worry about it? What if he's a homophobic drug user who tries to sleep with Lydia?" Stiles asked in exasperation.

Spencer let out a loud laugh, "You worry too much."

At that moment the door to their dorm opened with a soft click that made Stiles heart leap into his throat. He was here. Their roommate was here.

Derek walked in and paused. He blinked at the pair in front of him. Twins. Great, he got two roommates this year.

"You must be Derek Hale," Spencer grinned widely at the guy.

"I'm Spencer, this is Stiles," Stiles gestured between him and his brother, "I mean I'm Stiles, this is Spencer." Stiles corrected himself.

Derek raised a brow at the pair.

"Is it just us three?" Derek asked hoping there wasn't a third one in the bathroom or something.

"The world couldn't handle three of us," Spencer snorted.

"I can imagine not," Derek mumbled before dropping his bag on the empty bed. Stiles and Spencer had already decorated their side of the room. Derek noted that both the twin's spaces were fairly organized.

"Can we help you bring anything up?" Stiles offered his eyes raking over the back of Derek.

"I've only got two boxes, thanks though," Derek said with a frown before walking out.

The twins waited for the door to close before they both turned to the other, "Dibs."

*AN*

Just a small taste! Let me know what you think!