Prologue

(What Aya's wearing is your Green Lantern Uniform. I didn't have anything else and I thought this picture was cute and funny. ALSO I HAVENT WATCHED THE SHOW IN FOREVER SO THINGS MAY NOT BE EXACTLY RIGHT.)

Your p.o.v.
I can't take this anymore! I've been gone for two weeks and I come back to school and find that I missed five test, three quizzes, and seventeen homework assignments. Along with an English paper that's due TOMORROW! I just want to cry. As I'm walking to school, I make a mental note in my head.' If the guardians call me and Hal again, I'm making sure to take EVERYTHING I need with me.' I thought to myself. I reached my school and got off my bus. I walked inside and sighed in content of the warmth, since it's the middle of winter. I went into my first block class and waited there until class started (I don't know if your schools do that but mine does. You choose to go to home room or your first block class). I saw my friends walk in and I smiled." Hey Guys!" I said, smiling as I held up my hand. They stopped talking and smiling and frowned. I became confused." What? What's wrong?" I asked." Samantha's mom died and we told you about it but you didn't reply or even show up (if your names Samantha, use someone else's name)!" (F/N) said, yelling at me. I whimpered a bit." Guys I'm sorry, I-" They stopped me." Don't talk to us. Sam needed you the most, (Y/N), and you weren't there." They said before walking to their seats. I sat back in my seat, about to cry. I couldn't cry in front of them or anyone, or else they'll think I'm weak. So I grabbed my bag and went to the girls bathroom. I made sure no one was in there before breaking down crying." Why do I have to be a stupid hero?!" I yelled to myself. The bell already rung, which means class has started. I didn't care. I just wanted to go home. I grabbed my laptop and opened it. I logged in and smiled weakly at my background screen. It was a picture of my mom, dad, and me. My parents died in a car crash years ago, which made me depressed for a month cause they were gone. I didn't have anyone else to go to but my mom's closest friend, Hal Jorden. He gladly took me in and explained to me that he was a hero. At first, I didn't believe him but when I saw a spaceship crash in a forest and tried helping a dying man, or alien, I started to believe it. Before the alien dude died, he told me I was worthy enough to be a hero. And that's how I got stuck with the Green Lantern Ring. I don't mind it. Saving people. I actually love doing it. But I hate that it calls me during bad times.
BRINNNG
BRINNNG
Speaking of which, the Guardians are calling me. I sighed. Great. I picked up my bag and looked out the hall before opening the window and climbing out. I used my ring and started to fly. This better be good.

"Hal, What the hell is this about? What did you do this time?" I asked my friend/partner in crime. He chuckles nervously." Well that's the thing. I..don't know." I sighed again and pinched the bridge of my nose." Hal.." I muttered." Don't be so harsh on him, (N/N). After all, that's the Guardians job." I smirked." You're right Kilowog. Never mind Jorden. Have fun~" He gulps before we walk into the room where the meeting was held.

"Hal Jorden Green Lantern of sector 2814. The viceroy Of Demrakk 7 claims that when we assigned you to police crucial peace negotiations, you punched him. In the face. Is this true?" One of the guardians asked. Hal gulped." No Sir." He said. The guardians looked at me." (Y/N) (L/N) Green Lantern of sector 2341, is it true?" I smirked." He didn't punch him in the face per say. He punched him in the gut. Then head butted him in the face. Sir." I said. The guardians sighed. I blanked out as I thought about my friends. If I wasn't a hero, I would be there for my friends. I would still have friends. I would still....."Matter." I mumbled. Kilowog looked at me." Somethin' the matter, Kid?" I looked up and faked a smile." Yeah. Just thinking about stuff." He nods with a smile and ruffles my hair. I looked back down and continued thinking. Do I really matter.....?