Intro

In a journey in pursuit of redemption, he had never thought he would also find himself. Those bonds he tried so many times to cut, were the answer all along. If he had only listened when they called his name.

Even though great progress was made, he wasn't ready to go back yet. He knew he had to see this world by himself and make sure he was worthy. Worthy of walking this path, worthy of this second chance, worthy of all the unrequited love that was filling his dark core and cleaning its way through him.

He was miles away from home, and he could still feel the feelings that were sent his way. A dobe of a friend with an incoherent writing would send word every month on the dot. His monthly updates were filled with emotion, curiosity, requests and care. And by each word of his dear comrades, a light would feel a void inside of him.

It was more than contentment or a form of bond and therapy. In the end, he knew he needed that as much as them. His replies were always short and direct, but if they really knew him, they would know that the simple fact that they received word back meant something.

He would ask about their mentor, the village, and what was new in his best friend new life. He couldn't believe that dobe would be a father soon. That thought made him think of a certain cherry blossom again. It's the third month that her regards weren't included in the fox's scroll.

Long was the time he last saw their faces, her face. Is her hair long or short now? He can only wonder. Five years after the war, more than 4 years on the road. Yeah, he can barely remember their faces. Is it time to go back? Will they accept me even then? Will she accept me after everything?

There were plenty of nightmares still circling the lone raven-haired boy- now man - and they would sure hold his will back, reminding him of every poor decision made.

Not long took him to get a new scroll, and this made him excited to learn what was new. Inside he found the same rambling present in every update, however, the last one stung more than he could imagine and for a moment he forgot how to breathe.

How could he go home if it wasn't there anymore?