Nora pre/during 3x10 Daddy Darhkest

The voice tells her darkness is in her, dark is her destiny. It repeats it relentlessly in incessant iterations, stressing and straining as if to imply Darhk. Which baffles her as much as it scares and angers her. She can't sleep and she daren't tell the doctors what it rants about to keep her awake. The doctors can see, just as she does in the reflections she spies as they shuffle her around the facility, that she isn't well rested, isn't well. Mega understatement there.

Nora is the last Darhk though and she doesn't even have the name anymore. Hasn't had it since Oliver Queen killed her father and she was ushered out of the limelight. Her name was taken for her protection. Her new ones are empty to speak, they hold no power. Yet the voice tells her she can help it, she has something left to give the world despite her virtually nameless presence in this decrepit place she has been left to rot in.

All she wants is to drown it out - she tries to cram her brain full of facts, lines of poetry recited like a ward and thoughts of her own to push it out, but she can't keep it up forever. It's there when she falters, it's there every moment, every split second she stops to breathe. She can't shake off the coldness that comes either when she senses its hold on her; not the shallow chill of the night and the lack of blankets provided. The cold she's succumbing to is in her bones, a detachment she ought to fight but gets to feeling inevitable. There is no warmth left, the surroundings stealing what little she had, she falls further into the darkness waiting for her.

Until that day when she is persuaded to leave with the promise of something else waiting for her. By all rights no one should care about her, no one is left to, but they – Ray and Zari - come to her rescue, brave in the face of the evil that lurks. She sees the sunshine in their smiles, the sweetness of being outside, free for a day, and she could almost feel the warmth of their light. The darkness comes anyway and clouds their minds with doubt. The only person who doesn't doubt her is her father and she believes then Darhk is her path.