Stepsiblings

First of all, I want to introduce myself. My name's Francesca, call me Cheska. I am twenty years old, living around New York.

I can say that I am happy to live with my boyfriend, which happens to be my stepbrother.

Yes stepbrother, call it incest, but don't be judgemental, know the story first.

---------------------------------------

YEAR 2015

"Mom. Is there any problem here?" I asked my Mom who panickly called me.

She's with the male visitor, hmm, again. I really have no concrete idea who is this man, but I'm just sure that they're dating, well, my parents got seperated, she's alone—I'm here, but what I meant, she's single and lonely all along, they always strolling around.

And I am not dumb to think he's just a friend.

"I know Ches, you made already some conclusions so let me introduce to you my ehem, boyfriend." the man stood up, lending his hand to me to have a handshake.

To be honest, I still want Dad for my Mom, so I am not really into this man. Its just...I digust him? I don't know.

Trying not to be rude, I accepted the handshake. With that action, my shoulders fell down.

I-I don't like this guy for my Mom.

----------------------------------------

YEAR 2016

A year passed, and it was just like nothing.

They're planning to get married! For Pete's sake.

Is my Mom blind? I don't like that man for her. She really didn't gave me a damn for me, for my feelings.

I want her to be happy, I also remembered, after my parents got seperated, I told her to find someone, but why that man gave me a dissapointing impression?

I shrugged at my statement. That man, I don't see him as my next father, never.

That man also lived here too. Well, they are getting married.

One afternoon, Mom told me that we are going to have a dinner with her 'fiancee'--yah that word disgusts me—and with the man's son.

Yes, they have the same situation. So that son of the man, will be my stepbrother.

And you know what? Were in the same age.

I don't know what my future brother look like. Don't even know his name.

Night striked, I wore a simple casual attire. Denim pants, white crop top, and converse sneakers.

"Ready, honey? I'm sure you'll like him." I almost vomit.

Duh, I don't even like the father, how 'bout the son?

At the Diner.......

"Cheska, meet your soon-to-be-brother, Rico."

I lowered my head to see a boy, ash-blond colored hair, pale skin, wearing earphones and looking at the Diner's big windows like he also don't like the happenings tonight.

Like a bad boy. Hmmm. He sighed. He felt somebody's looking at him so he raised his look at us.

When his eyes met mine, there's something—like electricity—flinched inside my body. Heck, what is it?

He stood up with boredom, like he was forced. "Hm, good evening. Name's Rico by the way."

He lend his hand to me, and I just padlocked a look at it.