Forever Romeo

Back then, I promised myself I will never fall in love with someone who is not like my greatest crush. It all happened last spring. The smell of the breeze is really refreshing. Wonderful trees and flowers are starting to grow again… I was sitting under a tree in the park, watching other people enjoying the wonderful season of spring. Not far from where I am, I saw a mysterious boy sitting in a bench. That was the first time I saw him. I wondered if his family was the one who just moved in the town. We have a small town and so, we have a small population, that’s why almost all the residents knew each other. I was looking at him intently,when suddenly he stared back at me, it sent electric shocks in my entire body and it was nothing that I have ever felt before. It was so powerful that I was frozen in place; I did not even realize he was walking towards me. “Don’t you know that staring at someone without purpose is rude? Will you stop staring at me?”

      At that moment I was really embarrassed, I only stared because of curiosity. After he said that, he left me without even looking back. That incident made me hate him that with a passion that would put Hades into shame… Before I went home, I went to the local music store to check some new CD. The owner of the music store greeted me with all smiles. “A wonderful afternoon to you Zofie!” “Good afternoon Mrs. Scott!”“I guess your dad is not in the town right now, am I right?” I smiled right away. “how did you know about that.? you're not a fortune teller are you?” The old lady laughed at my answer.“Oh my dear Zofie, your dad is the town mayor! Of course the residents would know everything about his where abouts, besides, you are allowed to roam around the town which also means your dad is not around.” “Oh…” That’s the only word that came out of my mouth. After having a conversation with Mrs. Scott, I proceeded in the music counter. I bought some CD and went straight home. When I arrive at our house, I found my mom talking to my dad on the phone.

    "Zofie, your dad wants to talk to you." "Yeah right, is he going to reprimand me again for sneaking in the town?" "Mind your manners young lady!"  I'm so tired so I didn't replied to what my mom said. I went to my mom and took the phone from her. "Hey dad, how's the conference?" "Well, it's fine Zofie by the way, I was told that you went to the town without your bodyguards. I need an explanation why did you do that again." "Dad, I'm not a little girl who needs a babysitter or guards! I don't need to explain anything and I'm too tired to argue with anyone. Take care and bye dad." I returned the phone to my mom. I saw how shocked she was, I know it was not proper but I don't need to be treated as a prisoner. To avoid my mom's rage, I hurriedly went to my room. I needed diversion so I checked my movie collection and I chose to watch Romeo and Juliet.  After finishing one movie, i got tired and slept through the night, i need to have energy for school tomorrow.

     The next morning I woke up early. I was excited but I don’t know why. As expected, I arrived at our school earlier.I was shocked to see a familiar face. I immediately opened my locker to hide myself but unfortunately for me, we are locker neighbors which made me nervous.I thought he would recognize me but he didn’t even glance at me. Well, that was a relief.I went straight to our classroom and after several minutes of waiting, our teacher arrived. “Good morning class! Sorry for being late. I was called in the office to meet your new classmate.” “Hey Zofie, did you hear? we will have a new classmate, isn’t it amazing?!” Sidney whispered. “Yeah Sid it’s amazing. Somehow I feel excited.” “Ok, this is Nathaniel Sung your new classmate he is half-Korean half-Spanish.” my teacher announced“Oh……” That was the expression of my classmates. “Nathaniel, you can now sit beside Zofie.” “Ok Ms. Anderson.” My heart is beating faster; I don’t know what to do. The boy who told me to stop staring at him is my seatmate?! Will I survive? For the whole class I didn’t even talk to him. Like I said, I hate him!!! He is my new enemy… After an hour of class discussion, the bell rang. I immediately went out of the room.