5

I patiently waited across the street, keeping an eye out for him. I soon spotted him and frantically waved at him. "So, what's this shopping trip about?" "Shopping." He didn't seem thrilled at the joke I attempted to make. "Okay..."

We arrived at the store and I watched him take off towards the back. I observed what he picked out and what his skipped, as I needed to update my memory bank of his tastes. "You aren't going to look for anything?" "Later." In actuality, I was broke.

"I think this looks nice." He held it up against me and looked quite serious. "Am I your model or something?" "Kinda." He put the shirt back then picked up another. "This is it." "This is it chief?" "Shut up." I couldn't help but laugh. He soon joined in with me.

In the end, he didn't buy anything from the store, but it gave me a sense of what he liked. "Ah, can we go inside?" "Sure?" His sudden enthusiasm surprised me, wondering what could've caught his attention. I hung out by the entrance then soon found Haknyeon in front of me.

"I need you." "What for?" He dragged me over then picked up a few keychains and bag charms. "I can't decide on one. Which one do you like?" I looked at the ones in his hands then spotted one I thought was cute. "I like this one." "I see."

He picked it up then walked over to the counter. "Wait-" It was now paid for. He walked over to me and placed it in my hands. "For you." I stared at the cat popping out of a box charm that he gave me. "You-" "Think nothing of it. I wanted to get you something."

"You have a heart of gold..." He looked away shyly and twiddled his thumbs. "Thanks..." I subconsciously pinched his cheek and received a tiny yelp from him. "Stop that..." "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry." I kissed his cheek then mentally face palmed.

"You just-" "I-" We were at a loss for words. "I was just returning the gesture...Kissing it to make it feel better...I wasn't thinking. I-" He cupped my face then stared into my eyes. "Then..." He kissed me. I found myself giving in and letting go.

He pulled away and I noticed a deep blush occupied his face. "My lips hurt..." "Is that so..." He let my face go then quickly turned around. "We should go..." "Definitely." We walked in silence as we headed back to his school. "Sorry about today, Hak." "I'm sorry too."

I was in fact not sorry, but apologizing seemed like the right thing to do. I touched my lips as I remembered the cushiony feeling of his on mine. I long for them. "Sunwoo." "Huh?" I noticed I had walked ahead of the entrance then jogged back.

"Let's hang out again, yeah?" "Totally. Love to." I looked at him anf noticed something different. He wasn't saying anything to counter it. "Yeah..." He walked away. A mob of people soon crowded me as I continued to watch his retreating figure. What had changed?

 What had changed?