Chapter 13

Authors note: So I finally made a decision, there will be no romantic inclinations between Bullet/Mateo and Natalia. I have other ideas so stay with me, but I'm open to suggestions. Also I don't know why the photos are being weird, tap on it to see the full version.

For some reason Mateo looked younger in Costa Rica, maybe it was because he wasn't stressed about the gangs anymore, or because his brother wasn't around to bother him, but he looked... happier. Sofia did too, I think she was just happy to be off the plane but something about them being happier made Natalia happier too. The first thing she noticed after their moods was the heat. The second she stepped outside she began to sweat. This was nothing like her home.
They took a tour bus to the resort, Natalia thought that drive might be the most fun she'd ever had, the driver drove like a mad man. It was thrilling.
Then she saw the actual resort.
"Holy cow... you own this place?" She turned to Mateo or Bullet in shock.
He laughed and tousled her hair. "Not yet... it's still my parents but soon I will take this one," He gestured to the huge white shiny one, "and my parents will keep the more traditional side." Natalia noticed the smaller red and white one, still just as pretty.
They pulled up to the white one and Natalia realized just how big it really was. This thing was a fricken palace. Sofia hopped out first to talk to a man inside. Mateo told her to make sure they carry on as if he wasn't here. Nobody should know.

"I don't get it. Don't they answer to your parents over you?"
Mateo finished hanging up his shirts and began with the other drawers. "Not exactly Natalia. Unless my parents ask them if I'm here then they're ok. Plus they like it when I surprise them so they don't actually care."
Natalia laughed. She had already finished unpacking in her room. Sofia was currently running around downstairs arranging things and like Mateo assumed, chatting.
The rooms were pretty cool. One king sized bed, a table, tv, dresser, all inclusive vodka which Mateo had declared off limits and had somebody come up and empty, a mini fridge that was restocked, and a cupboard with snacks. There was a big shower, vanity, tub and a balcony. Natalia could see the ocean and the paths below. It was early morning so not many people were down there. Just a couple on their honey moon, jogging.
Mateo finished unpacking completely.
"Hey Natalia?" He called her in from the balcony and ushered her back to her room. "I'm going to greet my parents, it's crucial that you don't leave this room, or call anybody other than Sofia ok? I'll be back with food but you cannot come out yet ok? You're still a secret."
Natalia nodded and felt a little abandoned as he walked down the hall without her. She settled herself on the balcony with a snack and watched the guests slowly trickle down to the pools and beach.