Prologue

“Italy/Mount Vesuvius:
  December 1631”

It was a day like none other before it, the world had never seen such a thing. The ground shook fiercely,  The fiery red sky was cloudless,  Blood and fire flowed down the mountainsides, fire fell from up above like a raging storm, cities and villages burnt to ash, everything from properties to their proprietors burnt alike, young and old perished alike. The smell of death filled the air, cries of pain and agony were omnipresent, some thought that the day  of judgement had finally come, that the reign of the human race was finally over, some tried to run, others tried to hide but their futile attempts led nowhere. They were trying to run away from death, but they didn't know that the gates of the underworld were wide open, and the once deceased that were pouring out of it had become creatures far from human. They had been legends, kings, wisemen, soldiers, heroes, signs of hope, thieves, murderers, criminals, doctors,  but now they had all just become beings defying the order of nature. Thousands of Powerful beings who had stolen power from the underworld. Dangerous beings which had to be dealt with in order to restore the balance of nature. The rogue beings were to suffer their punishment for they had committed the capital sin. The hunt had officially begun.