Aaron

It was only the beginning of what I thought would be a good Halloween. Instead of trick-or-treating, Cameron decided having a little fun in a so called haunted house. Of all things he decided a Ouija board was comical. Little did we all know it wouldn't be that fun and thrilling haunted call a ghost out kind of night. Instead it would be a lead to the worst murders the little town of Sandy Tacks has ever seen~

It was a typical Sunday night, contemplating whether to do my homework or not, everyone was busy picking out our costumes for Wednesday night, Halloween. I had already picked out a ninja costume, because, why not?

I stared at the paper on my desk and scowled, I hadn't realized chemistry would be this difficult and it left me with a migraine usually. I was about to put my books away instead when there was a knock on my window and it slowly opened.

Cautiously I approached the opening window before a male fell into my room and I growled angrily. "Damn it Charlie, can't you use the door for once? You know that's what it is used for!" I hissed, I wasn't bothered to even look at the sad look on his face.

"What, you're not happy to see your best friend?" He smirked.

"Not sneaking into my dorm like a fucking idiot." I snapped back, sighing before running my hands through my short dirty blonde hair, my eyes glaring at the boy with much thicker hair than my own.

"Look, I've still got homework to do. You know Marsh doesn't give a shit about our outside lives." I said, turning back to my desk.

"You're such a nerd!" Charlie groaned, flopping onto my bed and sitting up and turning to face me.

"And you're acting like a girl." I snorted.

I heard a small whine before Charlie appeared next to me, took my homework and dangled it in front of me and placed his hands as if he was going to rip it. "Charlie, I will kill you if you do it." I said, narrowing my eyes.

Charlie didn't seem to care and he ran straight out my dorm room into the hall. "Fuck." I mumbled and ran after him, under my breath I swore once I caught him he was dead meat.

He stopped at a dorm that had its door wide open, it was Cameron's. The male usually kept his dorm closed which was slightly weird and out of order. Charlie was frozen in, was that fear? Or was it dread? I couldn't make it out so I just ran to make up the dead space and looked into the room.

Cameron was on the floor, blood covered his neck and had leaked into a pool around his head. I covered my mouth in disgust and nearly vomited, his room was recked and blood was splattered on the wall. "Jesus Christ, call headmaster!" I gagged out to Charlie before puking my dinner up.

Charlie was a bit ansi and fidgety.

I looked back at him, backing up from Cameron's door and hissing. "Why are you just standing there?" I snarled, one of our friends were just killed and he is standing there watching me.

"I would if uh, he was uh, dead." He said in nearly a whisper, cupping his stomach and doubling over. Right then there was movement behind me and someone hastily gripped my hip and I jumped to see Cameron was quite alive.

I snarled and punched Cameron. "You pricks! I just threw up my food." I whined, though to be honest, it was a good prank. I had nearly forgotten the prank war we held right about this time of year.

The two were laughing, while I on the other hand stood with my hand angrily and impatiently on my hip.

The two looked up and laughed a bit, Charlie shoving my shoulder. "Dude, relax. It's just a prank!" He chuckled.

My eyes darkened and I glared at the two. "And what if something actually happened? How would I have told Rachel?" I snapped, looking at Cameron.

Rachel was Cameron's girlfriend, they had been dating since near 7th level and he planned the next step once they were both out of college. She however was only in 1st level college while he was third level. What a shame, though you'd never expect the two together if you had met Rachel when the two aren't together.

Cameron only looked at me with a guilty face. "Well, I doubt it would actually happen- and anyways, it was just a prank." He argued with no prevail.

He didn't have a valid point but I allowed him to keep his 'winning shot' and rolled my eyes. "I'm not helping clean this up!" I said dryly and stormed off back to my dorm.

~

Look, it's an opening to a book. The whole thing isn't in a specific persons POV but a few throughout the story will be so you can kinda guess how the characters may react or think. I hope you enjoy this crappy chapter 😪😪