The Cure

It was a week before the prom. Everyone was so busy choosing their partners, asking them out to be their date.

I've turned down so many people wanting me to be their date. I even turned down Jed and Sam's offer. I was just waiting for a certain blonde to ask me out.

It's been a long time since I last talked to Perrie. We kept avoiding each other every time. She didn't even sat next to me anymore, which kinda hurt me a little. Louis must've told her about the night she was drunk and I have to drive her back to her house.

I spend every day finding myself, finding what I like, and enjoying myself.

Then Camila and Lauren came around. I made friends with them and we instantly clicked. They helped me how to be myself. How to be brave enough and have courage to tell everyone that I'm gay, including my parents. They were shocked at first, but eventually accepted me for who I am.

I thought of a certain blonde being all happy about it. Harry had told her that he gave me the letter she wrote few months back and she had drunk called me three days after that. She was embarrassed about it and ignored me instead. Even though I know deep inside her, she wanted to hold me and kiss the life out of me. She was just too shy to make a move now that I know she likes me. And I liked her too, very much. I started to develop my feelings towards her as days go by. Just how I was admiring Jed, Sam, and Harry back then, but that was before. I had zero feelings about them right now.

But I don't like how she was so distant towards me. And right at this moment, I'd had enough. I wanted her so badly. I wanted her to hold me, to kiss me, to ask me out on a date like what she had wrote in the letter. I still kept reading it over and over again before I went to sleep, and all I ever dreamed of was her and me being cuddled up and all.

"So, you still kept turning down your suitors?" Camila piped up as we went outside the school. Lauren chuckled and gave her a kiss on the head.

"Yeup, their not my type anymore. I had my eyes focused on someone." I replied. Lauren cleared her throat and gestured to our right.

"I think someone's waiting for you over there." She was in fact right. Perrie was leaning on a tree not far from us, her arms crossed against her chest. She wore an orange crop-top and paired it with a black jacket that has bones printed on it and black pants. She looked like she was checking me out if I'm okay, as usual. I always catch her looking at me, whether in the hallways or inside the classroom, but I choose not to tell anyone about it and try not to be so obvious around her.

Camila dusted of my shoulders and smiled at me. "You know the drill, babe." She winked as she rolled up the sleeves of my black crop-top, putting my suspenders at its proper place on my shoulders, giving me the microphone and shoving me away from them. I just shook my head at them and chuckled a bit. "Go get ya gurl! Woohoo!"

"Go, Thirlwall! Go for Thirlwards!"

I scoffed at Lauren's remark.

This is it. After long months of silence, I'll be the one to make the first move. I really missed her so much.

I looked around, everything was indeed settled. Lauren and Camila was standing under a tree, giving me thumbs up, letting me know that the speakers were ready. I wave at them as a thank you for being part of my new life. Turning on the microphone, I tapped it to get all of the crowd's attention.

"Good afternoon, people." I can feel all eyes on me as I stand at the mini-stage Lauren and Camila set up for me. "I know you've been wondering: What is Jade Thirlwall doing there? Well, if I were you, I would just sit back, relax and chill and watch. Because I'm going to do a really stupid thing and I hope I won't regret this after." I flashed them a smile and focused my gaze on a certain blonde who was looking confused to what I am going to do. Heat instantly spread through out my body as our eyes made contact. I gave her a sweet smile before I closed my eyes, getting ready as the music starts playing.