Chapter 4: A Big Favor

*Aphmau's POV*

I sat in class, waiting for the lunch bell to ring, when it finally did. Though I was starving, I had more important matters to deal with. My mom had to take a day off to watch Luna today, but she couldn't keep watching her forever and not be able to work. I walked up to the principal's office and knocked on the door. Principal Layla answered the door.

"Aphmau?" She asked. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm afraid I have a bit of an issue..." I said.

"Come in and take a seat," she said. "What seems to be the problem?" 

"Well, during the winter break, I found a six year old girl... When me and my mom brought her to the doctors, they said she had the bloodline of Shad and Irene... and me. However, she didn't have the bloodline of my mother... Long story short, I ended up adopting a human ultima... Only issue is my mom has to work during the day and, well... I don't exactly have a dad... If it isn't too much trouble... Could I perhaps bring my daughter with me to school?" I asked. "She's not much of a trouble maker and-"

"I understand. This is a mighty big favor to ask, and I feel as though I should meet her before admitting to this, but if she is the good girl you say she is, then I'll be happy to fulfill your request. Meet me tonight at 3:30 PM. I believe that should give you enough time to get her ready," she said. 

"Great! Thank you so much!" I said excitedly. 

"Don't mention it. You better get to the cafeteria so you don't miss lunch," she said.