Rejection and Acceptance

"Alpha, you know that everyone would be there. You can make an alliance if you go to the summit."

Leyla de Fleur shook her head while reading a book, despite her beta not seeing the gesture as she's talking to him through her bluetooth earphone thats connected to her phone.

Beta Leon of her pack, Heaven, has been hassling her to attend the monthly Alpha Summit for years now.

And even though her answer is always no, his perseverance never waver. As if he believes that soon, she will say yes to the summit.

'Not a chance'

"Look, Leon, I know alliance is very important for the pack, but we have the strongest ally already. We dont need them." She said with finality on her tone.

No one's stronger than the alliance she garnered for years, even Alphas can't refute that.

She heard him sigh before he replied, "Look, just think about it ok?"

"Lets talk about that when I get home, goodbye."

And she ended the line.

She looked at the time in her phone and seeing as shes about to be late with her appointment, she quickly put her things to her purse and went out of the cafe.

Its just one of those days that she felt walking and  now shes paying for it. No taxi stopped for her.

'Why did I think that walking within this area is nice? No available taxi has been here for couple of minutes already. Damn, I'd be dead for my next appointment'

She was about to get her phone from her purse when a sweet smell wafted her senses.

She closed her eyes and inhaled sharply, recognizing the scent of cinnamon. Realizing what it meant, she opened it quickly, looked to her left and gasped.

'Mate'

He was walking towards her, his dark brown eyes seem determined, his messy hair being swept by the wind, and his lips formed into a thin line.

He stopped just meters away from her, and though she wanted to hug him tightly and never let go, she held herself back.

And glad she did so when he said the most painful words she ever heard.

"I, Alpha Franz of Ceruleus pack, reject you as my mate."

A flash of pain in my heart appeared. It was squezing her so tight as if killing her slowly. She willed herself not to show it, even though pain of the barely hanging thread of fate hurts her emotionally.

And she knows one way to cure it,

Accept his rejection and successfully cut the thread that binded me to him.

"I, Leyla of Paradiso Pack, accept your rejection"