His and Her Plans

HIS POV

"WHAT? YOU REJECTED YOUR MATE?" 

"Lower it down, Preciousa. and yes, I rejected my mate." he said drowsily.

Having a serious conversation with your sister early in the morning should be illegal. He was still in slumber when she knocked on his door and started screaming. 

Why did he have to tell his beta regarding the incident? He should have known it will leak to his sister, as she being his beta's mate, which meant no secrets whatsoever.

She looked at him furious, "Why'd you do that? A mate's bond is such a blessing that not all get to have, yet you're throwing it all away? Why do I have an idiot as a brother?" 

No use telling his side, he knows his sister will just continue yapping about destiny, faith and all. She is blissfully happy with her mate and wants him to experience it, too. Unfortunately, life made him hard enough that he knows he can't be a good mate. Not to anyone.

"I know bonds are precious, but it's not for everyone Prix. You have to understand, I have to do this. Not just for myself, but for her. She looked innocent, you know. I can't have her condemned into life of brutality," he said calmly.

One look at her, and he knows he can't give her what she deserves. She looked so pure that if he have accepted her as his mate, he will be tainting her with blood. Being the alpha of Ceruleus pack, he knows his Luna will have a strong role to fulfill. One that he can't imagine being handled by his mate.

Her and her blue eyes. I can't see it being painted with blood. One that she cannot avoid if she ever wanted to be in my life.

She sat in the bed, must have realized that it was also a hard decision for him. "But don't you think the Moon Goddess got her as your mate because she knows she can handle it? Why did you have to mess with her plans?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose, there's really no use arguing with his sister. 

Alpha, heard some urgent news from Paradiso pack. Their alpha is attending the next summit. Hale, his beta, said through mind link.

"Prix, can we have this discussion next time? I need to talk to your mate." 

And he hurriedly went out of the room before she can even answer.

"Are you sure you have heard it right? It could only be rumors," he asked his beta when they met at his library for a quick plan for the alpha summit.

"Affirmative. Her beta, Leon, was the one who announced her attendance." he smiled after hearing his positive reply.

So the elusive Alpha Ciel of Paradiso's pack will be there. He has always wanted to have alliance with her pack. 

Despite having a female alpha, her pack has rose to the top spot in a matter of 3 years of establishing it. Everyone wanted to be her ally after she eradicated a notorious rouge pack last year. But with only her Beta as her representative to their meetings, it has been hard to get her alliance. 

"That's good news. Getting her as our ally will at least have some packs think twice in attacking us."

"That is if we get her as an ally. You know how she's been secretive. We don't even know her at all except that she has a name and it's Alpha Ciel."

It got him thinking. Why the secrecy? Is she afraid that she will be challenged for her position once she get out of her mystery? Or is she protecting something. It has always bothered him how she was able to remain on the top spot even without meeting any of the other packs.