The End

"Fini! How much do you love?" Gallant spun the chair around with a light giggle, then looked into the mirror to see Coco's immediate reaction.

"Am I the first one to get this cut?" Of course, she wasn't surprised at all, not even curious to see what had changed.
"Because I'm working on becoming an Instagram influncer and I refuse to show my full asscrack so my hairstyle has to be on point."

Gallant scoffed and gave her a quick spritz of hairspray.
She fiddled with her hair, that still kept the warmth of the straightener, and posed to the mirror while Ryan walked behind her to unbutton the cape and letting the snippets of blond locks fall on the floor of the salon.

"Who cares how many followers you have? You're a billionaire!" Murmured the frail figure in the black button up and flower print ascot.

"That's my father's money. I need to make something of myself. You did! you're the next Chris McMillan."

Ryan scrunched his face and shrugged.
A thin, blonde girl came rushing through the front door and excused herself while skipping among the other customers.

She handed Coco a bottle filled to the brkm with a green substance.

"Take a sip so we can post." She said, pulling out her phone.  Cold-pressed juice is trending super hard right now."

She snapped the picture. "You're gonna get ten thousand likes in ten minutes."

Coco coughed and gagged, her lips curled in utter disgust.

"Are you trying to fucking poison me?" Coco squealed and tossed the bottle back towards the visibly apologetic girl. "This tastes like turtle shit. You're supposed to be my personal assistant, Mallory. Do you even know me?"

Mallory had grown used to Coco's reactions. Over the years they'd been spending every single day in each other's company, she was quite accustomed to her arrogance and almost payed no mind to it.

"Can't you just go and get me a Macchiato so I can rinse this taste off my mouth?" Mallory nodded and headed to the door, catching out of the corner of her eye the hairstylist with the bleached blonde buzzcut mumbling to her boss.

When she looked outside, she noticed masses overflowing the street, screaming and running. Before she could speak up her phone buzzed and so did Ryan's.

All of sudden he civil defense alarms went off, setting even more panic in the salon.

""URGENT ALERT
BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO LOS ANGELES. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."" Ryan read out loud, gulping and scrutinizing the room. "What the fuck?"

Mallory turned to Coco, not being able to ignore the overwhelming sense of dread as well as she did.

"It's bullshit. It's a hoax. It's like that time in Hawaii, they're gonna text in like a minute with the retraction." Immediately after, Coco's phone started vibrating and she plastered a fake smile on her lips to answer the Facetime call.

"Hi daddy! How's Hong Kong?" The words were muffled and Coco didn't have the time to sit and listen to her dad talk for hours about his boring life.

"You know what? We have a terrible connection, I'll call you after I'm-"

"Shut up! The missile alert is real." His eyes were glossy and filled with worry. "In less than an hour Los Angeles is gonna be an empty crater."

"Daddy, you're scaring me." She

"You can still be saved. There are four spots reserved for our family. But your brother and mother are here with me  and we're not going to make it. A car is coming, it'll take you to Santa Monica airport where a private jet is waiting. Go!"