Chaper 8: Escape

Michael sat pondering this chamber. This was the first time he had felt unsure of how to solve the test. It was a large room. A button up high next to the door. Their was a portal surface but he was unsure of how to put the cube on the button. A loud crash went off above him an he ducked slightly.

"Hold on." Ryan sighed "I'll be back. I need to fix that"

Michael looked around. He could feel that Ryan wasn't watching him anymore. The hairs on the back of his neck no longer stood up.

"Oi!" he heard some one yell, and he whipped around to the noise. Gavin's fingers were clutched around metal bars. His face poking out of the wall. A panel slid to the side.

"Gavin!" he ran to the man. "I'm glad to see you, Ryan's trying to kill me. I can feel it."

"Glad to see you too. And I know. But I can't get you out in this room. Two tests from this one is a panel that leads into the back alleys of this place. Ill get you out then. Okay?" Gavin smiled.

Michael found himself smiling back. "I missed you" he'd had no idea that he had but it was he truth and Gavin smiled.

"Miss you too, boi"

"How are you alive?"

"Well Ryan threw me down into the incinerator room but I hit a beam and it stopped me from being burned to death! Then i found my way here!"

Gavin looked up slightly "he's coming back. Too more chambers okay?" The robot extended a hand as if all he wanted was a touch from Michael to make sure he was okay.

"Okay" Michael clasped the hand , letting out a shaky breath as he looked into Gavin's green eyes. The robots hands slowly slid out of grasp. The panel slide back over and Gavin was gone.

Michael stood up. His mind cleared and he was able to think through the test.

"Sorry about that." The hairs rose back up on his neck. "Someone broke something and it needed to be dealt with. But back to testing"

Michael stepped into the elevator and was propelled up to The next test. Two more chambers to freedom. He sighed as he walked oh of the glass tube.

()~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~()

This chamber was full of cubes. Each one had its own place but he couldn't figure it out. Just as he thought he had it the lights went out. He froze. Bright lift opened up behind him.

"Michael!" he heard Gavin yell and he whipped around.

"Pest!" Ryan's voice echoed.

"Run!" Gavin outstretched a hand and Michael grabbed it as he ran through the opening.

"Tin can!" Ryan yelled. Gavin intertwined their fingers. Michael figured it was for a better hold on him.

"This way!" Gavin jumped onto a light bridge and ran. He gripped the robots hand tightly.

"Gavin! he's gonna turn it off!" a yell rose up and out of his throat as the brigade switched off beneath hem. Gavin yelped.

His feet hit a catwalk and he reaches out to grab Gavin's arm. He could feel the socket tug slightly.

"Gavin. give me your other arm. Carefully" he was careful not to pull the arm in his hand. Fearful that it would disconnect. The robot slowly reached up and Michael took hold. Pulling him up slowly.

He collapsed back wards with an 'ouf''. Gavin landed on top of him, propping himself up with a hand on mike's chest. Michael found himself blushing. Their faces were all to close for comfort.

"I hope your both dead down there" Ryan called to them. They were suddenly reminded of the threat at hand and quickly popped back up to run. He didn't need the robots hand in his but he felt cool metal touch his skin and his immediate reaction was to hold on.

()~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~()

They finally stopped running only to catch their breath. Gavin smiled at him. "I told. You I was coming back"

Michael grinned and hugged the robot. "Thank god. I owe you" Gavin didn't hug back at first but his arms slowly wrapped around him, Michael felt the robots head rest on his shoulder. He could feel this getting a bit too affectionate.

For some reason he didn't seem to care. His fingers ran into the hair of the man. It was brittle but felt real enough.

"Michael. I don know what this is"

"This is a hug. Stupid"

"No I mean. I feel weird." Michael pulled back and looked to Gavin.

"What do you mean? Your gonna be okay right?"

"Not like that either Michael" the robot smiled. "I think" he felt Gavin's face get closer and closer to his until the air he breathed out was Gavin's too. "I'm" he felt himself staring at Gavin's white lips as they got closer to his and he blushed.

The lights went out and the robot let out a yelp, clutching on to him with a death grip.

"Holy shit Gavin calm down!" Michael looked around slightly. The soft glow of Gavin's green eyes and heart monitor the only light.

"I go an idea but jack said to never use it but uh. Here goes nothing. One two three!" the man screamed and bright lights came on. "Wot!? that didn't hurt at all! Liars the lot of em"

"Are your eyes flash lights?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yah! pretty neat huh?" With every blink of Gavin's eyes the light went out and came back on. "So this way"

Michael guessed whatever moment they were about to share would have to wait.