{2}

It had been months living together with Rye. By day I'd be alone doing whatever I wanted in the enormous house, and at night I was accompanied by Rye, who whispered sweet nothings in my ear and enchanted me with just his presence.

We'd talk about life or make jokes one night, and make love to each other the next one. Each night I felt more and more love for him. Every night I fell asleep in his arms, but woke up alone.

There were a few days where he'd talk to me by day, but even then he'd be out of sight so I couldn't see him. It was frustrating.

I wanted to be able to have dinner with him, and go on a walk trough the luxurious gardens with him. I loved him a lot, but I felt lonely regardless.

I wanted someone by my side by day too. I missed my family. So I told him one night, resting in his arms.

"Can my family visit me some time?"

Rye sighed stroking my back. "Andy... We went over this many times" he said.

"But they don't have to see you. I just want to see them again, tell them I'm okay" I pleaded.

"I don't trust them Andy. You know that" Rye replied.

"Please?" I kissed his cheek. "It would make me really really happy"

I couldn't see Ryes face, but I knew he was thinking about it. "Okay" he finally said. "You can invite one person for one day"

I squealed of happiness and hugged him. Rye laughed in suprise. "You're welcome" he chuckled. "Come here" I demanded and pulled his face to my own. We kissed and our bodies became one.

The next day I woke up alone. Ryes warm body had already left the bed. I sighed, but then remembered the promise he had made the other night.

I jolted up and got dressed. As soon as I entered the living room I saw a figure standing in the middle, gawking at the detailed frescos on the walls.

I immediately recognised him. Brooklyn, my little brother. How did Rye-? That guy never ran out of suprises.

"Brook" I yelled running straight into his arms.

"Andy! I thought you were dead! I missed you so much!" Brook said clutching onto me for dear life. After an eternity of hugging he pulled back to look at the house again in amazement. "This place is beautiful" he said.

"I know right! I thought I'd have to live in a cave or something. Even the palace back home isn't as big as this! Come on! I'll show you around!" I replied enthusiastically, pulling him along by his sleeve.

I showed him each and every corner of the house rambling on about all of the things I'd done the past months. We ended the tour at the breakfast table, where we kept talking inbetween mouthfuls of the amazing food.

"So, you've shown me the house all around... But I haven't seen your monster guy anywhere" Brook said as he stuffed his mouth with a handful of grapes.

"He only comes out at night" I replied.

"So it's one of those nocturnal creatures? Does it look like a bat?" Brook gasped. Brook always had an obsession with the bats on the gardens of the Palace. In summer he'd stay up all night watching them.

"Don't get your hopes up Brook it's not I giant bat" I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Worth the try" Brook shrugged, reaching for a pomegranate. "So what does he look like then?" he asked, spraying pomegranate seeds across the table.

"Well... So here's the thing... I've never actually SEEN him before" I said.

"So he's never around?" Brook asked in confusion, still chewing on his pomegranate.