Chapter 1

Kc's P.O.V

 "Why do you have to leave again?" I whined as I got up to hug my best friend, Luke.

"Kc, it's only for a few months and when I get back, I promise I'll spend every minute with you." He said pulling me into his chest and squeezing me.

"You're lying." I said pulling away. He tilted his head and cocked his eyebrow at me. "You always say that and its always a lie." I told him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"K-"

"Save it." I said sitting on the edge of my bed. "I know, I know. It isn't my fault. It's what I do now, it's my life." I said mocking his voice. He let out a long sigh. "Can't I just go with you?" I asked.

"I would love that more than anything, but you know how strict your parents are." He sat down next to me and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Well, what if I don't tell them and I just go." I suggested. I had always thought about leaving, but I never really had any where to go if I had.

"Katie, now you know I can't do that. It wouldn't be right if I let you. If they said yes then of course I would be more than happy to take you and we would have an amazing time, but for now you'll just have to wait for me to get home." By Luke's tone of voice and him using my first name, I knew he wasn't joking around and he wasn't going to let me convince him to take me without my parents permission.

"Fine." I groaned, falling back on my bed and burying my face in my hands.

"I have to go but I'll call you before we leave." He said walking out the door. After he was gone and I had finished crying my eyes out, I walked downstairs and my parents were sitting at the kitchen table. My mother was on her laptop and my father was reading the paper. I went to take a seat. "Mom, dad. Can I please go with Luke on his tour. It would mean t-"

"No" They said simultaneously, not even bothering to look at me. "Okay never mind." I said pushing myself out of my seat and going back to my room.

Luke's P.O.V

"So Kc isn't allowed to go this time either?" Ashton asked as we loaded up our stuff. I shook my head no.

"I feel so bad for her and I really do wish she could come. Her parents are just so strict and I know what it is, they don't like me. Kc might not realize it but the way they look at me it's just really messed up." I explained. I knew Kc's parents didn't like me. Every time I walked into that house you could feel the tension and it was just plain uncomfortable. I never bothered telling Kc because it would just break her heart.

"Well maybe we can find a way for her to come next time." He said patting my back. I nodded and we walked outside to get in the van.

"Kc?"