Chapter 1 - Happiness is only real when shared

Dedication: Ellie1324, because she voted for my Ziam Story (The Way You Scream My Name), and I hope, she'll like this one as well. Thanks for voting Honey!

Chapter 1 - Happiness is only real when shared

It was a warm summer night, when they arrived in a small town near London. 

They had the same routine everywhere they went.

Arriving. Setting up the mayor tent. Setting up the sleeping tents and wagons. Getting settled. 

Preparing food for everyone. Settling down around the bonfire. Eating together. Laughing.

They couldn't think of anything else.

They couldn't think of a life different than that.

It was Harrys and Louis turn to cook tonight. Harry loved cooking, Louis not so much, but he didn't mind, when it was Harry he was doing it with.

Harry had this intoxicating aura around him. He made everyone smile. He was just two slow with his jokes, otherwise he would've made a great clown as well.  

After they finished cooking Harry rang the food-gong and everybody came out of their wagons and tents and gathered around the bonfire.

Harry and Louis started giving out the food and sat down next to Zayn, who was shooting looks to Perrie, who was sitting on the other side of the huge bonfire.

"C'mon Zayn. You can't be serious. You've been staring at her for months. Just fucking talk to her man!"

Zayn looked at Louis in shock.

"No way. I wouldn't even know what to say. No freaking way."

Zayn looked down to his food again, as if it started beeing incredibly interesting all of the sudden.

Louis just shook his head and leaned his head against Harrys shoulder.

Louis and Harry were used to cuddling a lot. It gets lonely on the road.

"Damn, he's hopeless."

Harry smiled and ruffled Louis hair. He looked around. They all looked so contempt and happy.

Even Zayn who was to shy to speak to Perrie, looked kind of happy.

Mia and Freddie had each other. They were happy and in Love. They called themselfes the little lovers, making it their sweet inside joke. It was easier to face the outside world, when you could joke about it.

Mary and Clyde had each other. Well, since they were inseperable they kind of had to stick together. But they loved each other as much as they were fighting.

It was sibling love. Not the partner-kind-of-love. But it as enough for them, they knew a partner would be hard to find in that "condition".

Zayns parents had each other. It was remarkable how in love these two still were after all these years of marriage.

Then there were Perrie, Danielle and Laura, who were best friends. They told each other everything.

Zayn was into Perrie. And Louis sometimes dropped a comment about how pretty Laura was, but never seemed to actually act on it. Liam didn't talk that much, but it was pretty obvious that he was into Danielle and that she was into him. But they would never dare to make that a topic. Liam, apart from his mesmerizing appereance was a really shy dude.

And there he was. Harry. Sometimes he felt incredibly lonely in this group. Never alone. But lonely.

He wanted someone to love. Even if it was just like Zayn loved Perrie. To shy to act on it.