[ Chapter 3 ]

Echo sat on the floor, holding the picture close to him. He wanted to remember so bad..he really did. He wanted to be out of this place, with his family, not here. He frowned, looking at it once more.

His eyes landed once again on the small child Blueberry held in his arms. "Wait...is that..it..cant...the boy.."

A sudden pinching feeling began to build in his skull. "I-I must be crazy...heh...hehe...heheheh! It's nothing! I-I have amnesia anyway! A-and I'm never getting b-better hehehe!" He giggled out, looking at the picture. "...hehe....heh.." He was shaking again, worse then before, as he set the photo back in the box, and pushed it under his bed.

"But...could it be?M...My...."

He paused, feeling his sanity return as soft blue tears rolled down his cheekbones. "My son...it has to be...I-I ...he was right I-in front of me this m-morning, and I had no I-idea..." Echo was practically dryheaving at this point.

After those words escaped him, he felt the pinching in his head tighten. He felt disoriented, confused, and the pain just seemed to get worse as time passed. He hissed in pain, doubiling over onto his side. His hands were at the sides of his skull, trying to hard to claw at it. If his hands weren't covered, he probably would've scraped his skull to ruins. The pain was all Echo could think about.

The pain was unbearable, the ringing in his skull only made it worse. "M-make it s-stop! M-make it s-stop!" He whined, gripping his skull tighter.

Suddenly he gasped as the pressure in his skull gave way, and suddenly a loud cracking sound echoed off the walls. Echo had relaxed after that, the pain slowly easing up.

He slowly sat up as the pounding pain turned to a stinging just below his right eyesocket. He took a deep breath, trying to calm all the adrenaline his body had built.

"..w-what..was that?" He whined as a curious hand went to rest upon his stinging cheekbone.

Surprisingly when his hand made contact he felt something. "Huh?" Echo hummed curiously. "Perhaps its another flower?..but none has grown like this..I thought it was just an effect of the radiation.." He mumbled in thought as he stood up, going to look at his refection in the glass near the door.

Echo's eyesockets brightened, his eyes tracing over the newly grown flower just below his left eye. It was a few beautiful shades of blue, and gave off a soft glow.

His smile was almost gitty as he touched its soft, fragile petals. Of course he couldn't tell due to his special straight jacket, but he could almost imagine it.

But his excitememt came to a quick hault as he realized he couldnt feel his fabric covered hand where the flower was. It was as if his hand wasnt even there...