Ch 1. Stuck.

A/N: Park Jin Young ^^

•••
I had broken my right leg. My motorbike became scrap metal. That in itself felt like I had broken both legs.

So there I was, sitting in the hospital bed with my leg propped up in its cast. The nurse by my side with her chart.

"You're hurt pretty bad. Shouldn't we give your family a call?" My friend Jisoo suggests from my bedside.

"Don't you dare." I say with a shake of my head. "They didn't even know I bought a motorcycle." I sigh.

"Why were you riding so fast anyways?" Jisoo asks.

"Just going for a ride along the beach." I answer.

Jisoo sighs and shakes her head. "I don't get you." She says making me scoff.

"This is my last summer before adulthood. If I don't do what I want right now, I'll regret it for sure." I tell her.

I didn't dare tell my parents. Only my University friends Kim Jisoo and Kim Jennie knew I was hospitalized.

•••

I laid in my bed with my eyes closed. Stuck in between sleep and being half awake. The construction across the street made it difficult to get any type of rest.

The sound of the curtain being pushed opened pulls me back into full consciousness. My eyes slowly flutter open to be met with my "room mate."

"What a beautiful day." He smiles leaning against his cane.

This old geezers name is Park Jinyoung. He's been hospitalized with diabetes for over a year.

"Wow, how did you hurt yourself?" He says in awe while pointing at my leg.

"Motorcycle accident." I answer, earning a shake of his head. "What about you?"

"Me?" He lets out a small laugh, moving to sit on his bed next to mine. "Heart disease, diabetes, dialysis, a hip replacement too." Jinyoung lists off. "Aish it's noisy right? They're expanding the hospital." He nods towards the window.

"Mr. Park, time for your medicine." A nurse interrupts. "Dialysis at 3 pm."

"Okay." He nods with a smile.

I heard he has no friends or family. His only pleasure comes from flirting with nurse Park Sooyoung everyday.

"Woh, nice body." Jinyoung whispers to me.

I let out a laugh of amusement. "Didn't notice."

•••

"Studies say that listening to Mozart's and Haydn's music can help lessen pain. I've shared them with you on iCloud. Maybe if it gets too painful, you can listen. Hopefully it will be better tonight." Jisoo says while fixing my blanket. She lets out a small sigh as she looks at me. "You have that look again."

"What look?" I chuckle.

"The one that says you can't wait until I leave." The purple haired girl frowns.

"No, no it's not that. I just have to pee." I assure her.

"Well then come I'll help you." Jisoo insists.

"No I'm okay Jisoo. I can do it."

"It'll be easier if I help you."

"It'll be awkward." I laugh making her sigh.

"I'm a medical student." She says with the cross of her arms.

"It's okay. I can wait a little longer." I say.