Chapter One

"Okay kids, time for school! We're leaving in 45 minutes!"

I put down my curling iron and added some lip gloss to my lips.
"Okay dad!" I yelled back.
I heard a chuckle coming from my window. " Same old Mr. Wilson. It never gets old."

I turned on the spot and looked out my window, into the windows my neighbour's house. Sitting on the windowsill and running a hand through his hair was James Anderson. My best friend and crush. He had gorgeous chocolate brown eyes, a devilish grin and tousled brown hair. He was wearing a black v-neck shirt and jeans. He offered me a smile and we said in unison " 3,2,1..."

" Belle! Zack! One pancake or two? "

I laughed and yelled back "You know the answer dad!" James grinned widely and whispered " And your mom says...."

" What have I told you guys about yelling! By the way, James, would you like some pancakes?"

James smirked and yelled "Sure thing Mrs Wilson!" He stood on his windowsill and walked across the branch and into my room.

I guess I should explain. Me and James have been friends since birth. Our parents were super close when they were in high school and we have been neighbours for as long as I can remember. We have little routines between us and our family like barbecues once a month and breakfast and stuff like that. And because we are neighbours, best friends and partners-in-crime, we have this humongous tree between our bedroom windows that our parents turned into a treehouse. We keep junk food and plaster the wall in polaroid pictures of us.

James hugged me from behind and put his head on my shoulder. Most people would see this as a couple-y move but everyone knew that we were only friends....unfortunately. I was standing in front of my mirror, applying my eyeliner when he hugged me. I ruffled his hair to which he pouted, making him look even cuter. He stepped in front of me in the mirror and was trying to fix his hair when I yelled "Race you!"

He smirked and ran out of my room, quick on my heels.We reached the stairs at the same time but he opted to run down the stairs. He turned back for a bit to see me only starting to run down while he was already halfway through. He paused and turned back forward, slowly taking the steps one by one, confident that he would win. I laughed quietly to myself and hopped on the banister and slid down, passing him and watching his dumbstruck face before hurrying down the stairs. I reached the bottom a good 5 seconds before him and sprinted to the kitchen, where I was greeted by my parents, my younger brother Zach and James's younger sister Rose. I ran to my seats and grabbed the maple syrup in triumph. James came in a few seconds later, pouting. Dad smirked and high-fived me, causing everyone but James to grin widely and James to mutter " I never win".

Yup. Just an ordinary day in the Wilson family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, this is my very first book. What do you think? Next update is before 10th december 2018.