Freakishly Tall Brunet Boy

A.N.: Just FYI these chapters will mostly be fluff for awhile.

"And if someone comes at you like this," Lauren begins, huffing from behind Camila as she skillfully steps forward, wrapping her right hand around the younger girl's mouth, her left arm coming around to trap Camila's arms at her sides.

"If they've done their proper research on you, they're gonna opt for covering your mouth and taking you away, rather than just choking you out—that can take several seconds, especially if you're a screamer or moving around too much. It can keep restarting the process of effectively choking someone to the point of passing out. Your file says you're a screamer, by the way," Lauren informs Camila casually as she firmly holds the girl in place but keeps her hand gently placed over Camila's mouth.

"You still remember that thing?" Camila asks, slightly muffled by Lauren's hand.

Lauren nods. Camila's hair tickles her chin as a result of being so close to the younger girl.

"I remember everything about you," she reveals softly.

She tries to hold back a proud smirk when she feels Camila's face warm up under her touch.

"Anyway, you're supposed to dig your heel as hard as you possibly can into their foot, ankle, shin—whatever your heel lands on," she explains quietly, her breath hitting the sensitive skin right behind Camila's ear.

"It should momentarily distract them enough for you gain some strength—even if they're bigger than you, jab your elbow into their ribs—again, hard—and flee."

Camila bobs her head in agreement before doing exactly as Lauren instructed, albeit not as aggressively as she should if she actually had an attacker.

Although Lauren's been doing most of the work, Camila is finally starting to perspire. Lauren can't help but notice how it only makes Camila look more beautiful. That stupid line about glistening instead of sweating comes to mind, and Lauren definitely thinks it's an accurate fit for Camila.

"Like that, Laur?" Camila asks, effectively breaking Lauren's trance.

Lauren smiles proudly and nods.

"Mhmm," she agrees, "just with a bit more force, obviously. But good job, kid. I'm proud of you."

Camila beams brighter than the sun, and Lauren steps closer and raises her hand for a high five. The younger girl slaps her hand and uses the grip to pull Lauren into a hug. She accepts the embrace, relishing the close contact.

After showering, Camila throws on some of Lauren's clothes—her favorite of Lauren's two 1975 t-shirts, ripped black skinny jeans, and her own white converse. She lets her hair fall in its natural waves and tops it off with Lauren's Miami Heat snapback.

When she's done applying light make up in Lauren's vanity, she walks into the en-suite and perches herself on the counter, facing the older girl as she leans against the medicine cabinet. She knows she looks good when she catches Lauren staring at her through the bathroom mirror as she puts the finishing touches on her make up.

"Like what you see, Planet Green Eyes?" Camila asks smugly.

She earns a melodious chuckle from Lauren.

"Nah," Lauren shrugs, causing Camila's shoulders to slump and mouth to drop in mild offense.

When Lauren doesn't even spare her a glance, Camila hops off the counter and places herself right beside Lauren as the older girl applies her dark red lipstick. Camila keeps her mouth hung open for dramatic affect, just waiting for the older girl to notice.