Chapter 1

As I parked my car, the reality of the situation hit me. New school, and we're here because of me. I can't explain how I knew I was the reason, but deep down, I knew. My parents tried to cover it up by saying we were moving to Missouri to be closer to my grandfather, whom I've never met, but I knew it had to do with the "phase" I'm in, according to my mom.

I thought I would tell my parents and I would get acceptance. I winced as I walked into the school. I remember talking to my mom while we were shopping, laughing and just having a good time. Then I told her I had a crush on a girl, and I could see the blood drain from her face. She stopped talking to me, took what we had to the front counter and paid, then we walked out. The drive back had been the worst time of my life. I tried to talk to her, to take it back, but she wouldn't even look at me.

I immediately went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. I couldn't go back to that place I was in at the time. That was months ago, and since then my parents were trying but I also feel like moving to this new place is their way of trying to change my mind.

I looked in the mirror as I wet a paper towel, my green eyes looked back. The only interesting thing about me was my eyes. They looked like cat's eyes, light green with tiny specks of brown. I brushed my fingers through my long brown hair and sighed. I should have straightened it a little better, there were some waves showing through. I also regretted wearing such a casual look today, just a tie dye shirt with skinny jeans.

I pressed the paper towel against my cheek, then against my neck. It helped calm me down a bit, but I was still nervous about this first day of school. As I threw away the paper towel, I picked up my back pack and started heading for the door.

Right as I reached it, it slammed open, pushing me hard into the wall. I fell to the floor, flat on my rear. With a groan, I looked up to wide blue eyes.

Her hair was curled to perfection, blonde with light brown roots. Her mouth was in the shape of an O, signifying that she didn't expect someone to be at the door when she burst in.

"Oh my goodness, I didn't mean to do that." She said as she reached her hand down to me. I looked at it for a second, admiring her perfect black nail polish, before grabbing it and letting her help me up.

"Oh, it's no big deal." I said, then winced as I stood up straight. I feel some bruises coming on, but luckily in places no one would see. I looked up at her, realizing for the first time how tall she was, probably about 4 inches taller than me. I also realized that she was on the verge of tears. "Oh, are you okay?"

She looked at me strangely, then said, "I just plowed you over, and you ask if I'm okay?"

I laughed a little, "I guess so." I looked at her face again. Yeah, definitely tears in her eyes. "Seriously though, are you okay? You look upset."

She shook her head a little bit, as if trying to shake off the tears or whatever she was feeling. She smiled softly, changing her entire face. She was gorgeous. "I'm fine, I'm just finding it funny that you don't even know my name and you're asking that."

I blushed and, realizing I was still holding her hand, shook it. "Oh, my name is Harley. Nice to meet you."

I realized I didn't ask hers, but she beat me to it. "My name is Keely. Nice to meet you too."

I nodded as I pulled my hand away.

"You're new, I'm assuming?" She asked. I nodded again and she sighed, "Well, good luck."