Chapter 2

[KIjinga - Foolish] 

"Imani! Nkosana! Please let me in

"Imani! Nkosana! Please let me in."

No answer. You decided to leave the children to themselves, just to calm down and not overwhelm them any further. Alone in your room you hold your knees up to your chest and rested your head on your arms. They have never seen the two of you argue, of course you argued with your husband, but never around the children. You did not want them to worry about the problems you and the king had to worry about, it wasn't their responsibility. You were too focused on your thoughts and emotions that you didn't notice T'Challa had entered the room.

"Y/n," Your husbands gruff voice pulls you from your thoughts and your head snaps up to meet T'Challa's apologetic and glossy ones. You sharply turn your head and his brows furrow, his lips going into a thin line. Without a word he crawls into your lap and wraps his arms around your waist. You weakly hit his back with your fist, once, twice, and he sniffs feeling your pain with each blow.

"Kijinga," You hit him, "Kijinga. Kijinga" You try to push him off but he resists.

"I am sorry. Truly I am," T'Challa sniffs and his hold tightens.

"They will not answer me," You sniff and whip your red puffy eyes, "This is the pain we have felt for months. We know you are a King-"

"Y/n-" T'Challa whines, but you hit his shoulder again silencing him.

"We know you are a King but you are also a father! No matter how hard it may be, the day we brought our angels into this world we made a promise. I want our children to be better than us! But they cannot if they don't see," You say your voice shaking and whispering off.

You can feel T'Challa tense at your words, you wanted nothing more than to fix this wrong, but the children needed time to calm down. The tension was high and you honestly didn't know what to say if you did talk to them. T'Challa sits up and looks you in your eyes, you try to look away with a quivering lip but his gentle hands stops you and guides your face back to him.

"I never want you to feel that I am not your husband or a father," He starts examining your face but you don't look at him, you only close your eyes and let the rouge tears run down your cheeks. T'Challa whips them with his thumb and pulls you into a hug, "I will right this wrong," his voice cracks a little and you fall into his shoulder with nails gripping his back, crying silently.

——

It had almost been two weeks since the argument and Sana seemed to forget the whole thing ever happened, in fact, she bounced back within two days. But as for her brother Imani, he was still not speaking to T'Challa. He began wetting the bed and was mean to his sister. Sana would cry and he would only tell her what T'Challa told him, "Go to mama!" while he went to his Aunt Shuri to learn from her.

T'Challa would try to get Imani to train with him but he was only silent. Imani would only cry for his baba in his sleep and tell you he had nightmares about being alone in a world with a red sky and a puddle of dark red grass surrounding him, his father resting dead in his lap. Such a dream was so detailed that it frightened even you. Imani would come into your room crying and begging to sleep with you. Not long after Sana was right behind him crying as well, not because of a dream, but for being left alone in a big room. She would crawl into bed and snuggle up on your other side. But something did change for the better. When you awoke, your eyes rested upon the back of your sleeping husband, you watch quietly as he would roll onto his back and drape his arm around you. He turned his head, sleepy eyes looking for you and smiling when he finally finds you.