Popsicle

Note: Paranormal. Humor. Sexual Content.

The person? 26-year-old Kendra Jenkins. The grocery? Walmart on 6th.

Never did a stranger thing occur at the Walmart on 6th, outside of the typical tom-foolery.. than on the day that Kendra Jenkins entered.

On a hot summer's day with a high of 94 degrees we find Kendra in the frozen food section, choosing a cold treat. But what happens when she brings home more than what she paid for?

It can only mean one thing. Kendra Jenkins has officially found herself.. in The Hearteyes Zone.

--

Kendra's eyes flicker between the fudgesicles and the strawberry shortcake popsicles pensively before she decides on the latter. She opens the glass door and the cold air brings out the goosebumps of her bare arms as she reaches in.

"You sure that's the one you want?"

She looks over her shoulder, then to the left and right to find no one. Maybe it came from a different aisle. She touches the 2nd box back and pauses when the gravelly, masculine voice comes again.

"Aht! Back up!"

Her hand withdraws to her chest.

"Now come back, but down one and right two... no, no.. YES! Don't you fuckin move!"

Her fingers linger on a box of orange, cherry, and grape popsicles.

"Take me home witchu, babygirl. You don't need those bum ass popsicles, they don't even talk. I'll cool you off and massage your body from the inside. Plus, I'm affordable.. just for you. Don't think about it, just pick me up."

"I really need to stop smoking so much," Kendra shakes her head in an attempt to come back down to earth, her eyes taking a last look around.

"You want this. I promise you."

She picks up the box and quickly goes through self-check out.

"It's hot as fuck girl, you sure you got time to make it home? I think you need me right now."

"I'm only five minutes away from home. We're almost there." She double-blinked wide eyed, blown away by the fact that she was talking back to a box of popsicles.

"How is it exactly that you can talk, um.. and what do I call you?"

"I'm cursed, sweetheart. It's just how things work, but don't worry your pretty little head with the details. Just know that right now I exist to serve you. Call me Erik."

"This is insane. I've never seen anything like this. Hi Erik, I'm Kendra."

-

Kendra goes to her countertop to open the box and she pulls a cherry popsicle before sticking the box in the freezer.

"AC not working, huh?" Erik was speaking from the cherry popscicle now and Kendra was starting to feel the heat in her apartment.

"Yeah I'm trying to get it fixed."

"Was the AC in your rental contract?"