Chapter 7

Ivar was on edge as he took a cigarette out of the slightly crushed Marlboro Reds box and stuck it in his mouth. Shoving the pack of cigarettes back into his leather jacket, he lit up as he waited for his Uber to arrive.

It was nearly three in the morning as he stood in front of the private airport wondering how bad things could be. As he ran a hand nervously through his long brown hair, Ivar took another drag while looking around. He really hoped the driver wasn't bullshitting when he said he would be there in less than fifteen minutes.

"What the fuck!" Ivar thought to himself.

___________________

Not only was he pissed that you were in the hospital but he was also angry that the police still didn't have any useful information.

"Dumb motherfuckers. They never know shit!" He fumed to himself.

Ivar, like the rest of his family, believed that the police meant well, however, there was only one way to deal with criminals. With other criminals of course! Sigurd's guy had already managed to find out more information about your attack than the cops. Of course none of them had any intention on sharing the information with the law. As they saw it, the police would only coddle the perpetrators and drag out your justice.

The way the Lothbroks did things however, was far more efficient. Whoever was behind the attack at your apartment would get punished, brutally and swiftly.

Unexpectedly, as he was exhaling smoke into the night air, Ivar's cell rang.

"Hey."

"I got your message." Alfred said.

Though still in Italy, the solemn Godson of Ragnar Lothbrok was very much involved in what had occurred. Despite Ubbe's advice, Ivar wanted to work on things his way. If he only had to discuss things with Sigurd, it would have been alright. However, he knew that Hvitserk was involved and he was in no mood to deal with him face-to-face.

With Ivar's temper, the two of them would most likely come to blows if they had to been in the same room. For that reason, he had reached out to Alfred since he was really well connected. Despite having respectable jobs, all of them still had their hands in the criminal underworld. Though everyone had their 'guys', none of the younger generation was more respected than Alfred.

"Hey."

"I got your message."

"So, what's the latest news?" An anxious Ivar asked as he took another hit of his cigarette.

"Well, I already have someone going to see him."

"That's good." Ivar replied before taking a drag of his cigarette. "Are you sure you don't want some of my guys to help?"

"No. This guy only works alone. Once I get an update, I'll give you a call."

"Okay, that sounds good." Ivar said.

"Alright. I better get to this meeting. I'll keep you posted."

"Okay. Thanks for everything." Ivar said before pressing the end.

He was glad that Alfred had taken the initiative to get to the bottom of things. As it stood currently, he was in no mood to work with Hvitserk or Ubbe for that matter. Ivar was angry at the elder Ragnarsson for trying to play peace maker.....yet again. When Ubbe had called Ivar in Dubai to inform him about your attack, he also suggested that he drop the feud with Hvitserk. Naturally, being who he was, Ivar totally refused.

And as far as he was concerned, Hvitserk was the third wheel in the whole situation. He was an indecisive douche who did a very poor job of making up his mind about you and Margrethe. Unlike Ivar who knew what he wanted from the very beginning.