Chapter 1: A New Beginning

"That's all. Welcome in the team." the woman who interviewed her, Lea, got up from her seat and extender her hand towards Anastasia.

The girl mirrored the woman's gesture and shook her hand gently, focusing on containing her excitement.

After so much time being under her abusive boyfriend's shoe, she finally got a job for herself which will provide her a little bit more freedom. Although he kept a close eye on her, she could at least escape sometimes.

"I will need your medical record until next week." Lea informed the new employer.

He ebony woman in charge who was responsible for recruting the best employers for Michael, did the harshest interviews as she wanted to select only the top best. She asked questions that pressured the intrviewee to give a desired answer in order to gain the position when in fact, it was a trick to see if they can be honest. And most of them failed. But not Anastasia.

She was truthful about her weaknesses but has shown the desire to improve herself and this is exactly what she wanted, what Michael wanted.

"Thank you, miss Lewis. I won't disappoint." Anastasia smiled proudly.

"I am sure you won't."

As the 22 years old girl walked out of the office, she let out a shaky breath that she didn't know she was holding.

The grip on her purse tightened when her thought wandered to Ryan. He was waiting outside the building, in his Mercedes ever since Anastasia stepped foot into the building. He watched her like a hawk while he could.

**

"I took the job." Anastasia almost whispered as she climbed back into the car.

Ryan gave her a big grin. "I know. I arranged for you to get it."

Anastasia sqeezed her eyes tightly. She hoped she wouldn't get the job. She didn't want to be a part of this mischevious game.

The ivory girl started playing with her fingers in her lap. Ryan took a strand of her wavy, brown hair and twisted it on his finger, making her yelp.

"Shh..." he analyzed her terrified face. "Good job, good job." he smiled then let go of her hair.

He took his phone out of his blazer and started typing.

"Now I just confirmed the reservation. We will go to this nice spa and have some time for ourselves. You deserve the treat." he laughed creepily.

Anastasia pressed her lips in a thin line. "Okay, thank you." she said with a shaky voice even though no one in the car believed her.

Ryan nodded towards the driver who took off.

**

A week has passed since the girl's interview. It was finally time to meet the supreme boss and she was nervous beyond limits.

Although she is not a fan, she knows his influence.

"Don't be so tensed." Lea nudged Anastasia with a big grin on her face. She found her shyness rather cute.

The walked down the long hallway of Michael's Ranch, Neverland.

Anastasia looked around at the childish figures portraying Peter Pan and different cartoon characters. It was just as impressive as the big amusement park she spotted outside, although, it would probably be creepy laying your eyes on these figures at night.

She heard a lot of stories. Michael doing charity and inviting sick children to spend the time of their life here. She loved his empathy. It was calming to know that in the world were also good people.