Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I attended Saint High School . I was the one who founded it. I opened it to ensure that the Nephilims-they are half-human and half-angel beings-are safe and sound.

Some knew who I was, the others were just mere humans who have no idea who I am or what I am. Bobby was there, teaching us Algebra.

"So x equals to twenty-seven, understood?" he asked the class and we nodded.

Clarissa, who was sitting beside me, looked bored. "I heard that there's a new, cute guy in our class," she whispered into my ear.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Him," she pointed at a guy seated diagonally from us. I instantly knew why she said he was cute. He had tousled, blonde hair and sparkling blueish-green eyes. He looked like he could be a-what's that profession that the humans called? The one where they pose for cameras? Ah, yes, he looked like he could he a model.

"His name is Krishna," Clarissa gushed. "You missed out on him introducing himself, which was really hilarious because all the girls basically fainted at the sight of him. He's like the epitome of perfection, I swear."

I nodded. Who is he or what is he?

***

The Math class ended quickly. My next class was History and Frank, the one who teaches it, is one of the most boring teacher in the world.

At the History classroom, Krishna looked like he didn't know where to sit. Clarissa called him and beckoned him to come over. "Krishna, over here!" she said loudly.

He looked at us, and relief etched in his face. He came towards us and sat in between Clarissa and me. "Hey," he greeted us with a small grin. "Thanks for inviting me to sit with you. What are your names?"

"Hey. I'm Clarissa," Clarissa replied and gave him her most winning smile. She pointed at me and introduced me, "This is Trisha."

I gave Krishna an uneasy smile. He seems like a threat and I sense danger from him.

"Um," Krishna said awkwardly. "Is it alright if you girls just called me Krish? I prefer it that way."

I nodded, while Clarissa batted her eyelashes at him and purred, "Whatever you say, Krish." I sensed that Clarissa was out of her mind, thanks to Krish's "perfection".

Humans can be so shallow sometimes.

Frank's class was so boring, that I fell asleep. I woke up in a state of shock. Frank was shouting at me, and my classmates were sniggering at me. I just ignored them and rolled my eyes.

"As punishment," he bellowed angrily. "You shall write a thousand word essay about what I taught today. You shall pass it up by tomorrow, or else, detention for you, young lady."

Wow, what a nice day it was today-with all those stupid homework that I needed to do. I hope you sensed the sarcasm in that.

***

I can see that Krish was blending in well in the school. He seems to be having an okay time.

During lunch, Krish asked me if I wanted his cookie. I refused, and he seemed so sad about it. He was about to walk away, when guilt engulfed me, so I said, "Krish, wait up!" He gave a huge smile, and somehow, it felt great seeing him have such a huge smile on his beautiful face.

He didn't say anything and stared at me as I ate the cookie. I glared at him. "What are you staring at?" I snapped.

His jaw tightened and he said bitterly, "No wonder you don't have any friends." Then he walked away.

I rolled my eyes, not affected by what he said. I was used to these kind of comments. With a disappointed sigh, I realised that Krish was just a common human-there was absolutely nothing special about him.

Editor : Andrea ;)