Storm

The angry dark clouds and rumbling thunder battled outside as I shivered in the confines of the cafe, rubbing my hands along my arms for warmth. I cocked my head at Scott when he didn't seem affected by the horrid weather. Was he not cold at all? The cold wind bit at my feet through the small gap between the cafe doors. A confident grin spread on his face. "A man as masculine as me does not worry about the cold, Lily."

        I scoffed at him, but couldn't keep in a small laugh. Introducing Scott Meyer, twenty-two and probably the most egoistic guy I have ever known. Despite that, he was the best friend I had never had who never failed to make me laugh and was always there for me. Scott was three whole years older than me but we had been thick as thieves since we first met while working in Plaoveate Cafe. He grabbed the leather jacket he had hanging on his chair and draped it over me. I tugged it closer to me as I smiled at him thankfully.

        "So, any ideas for new drinks for the winter?" Scott continued. Thunder boomed in the distance. I sighed as I shifted in my seat and scoured my brain. Buying over Plaoveate Cafe with my best friend who shared the same ambition as me was probably one of the best ideas I had ever had. But in this cold, cold weather, it was a wonder that I could still think. I sighed again as I looked out the glass doors, watching the rain shoot the doors like bullets.

        "God," I murmured, looking up at the ceiling. "All I want right now is a cup of hot chocolate, my quilt blanket and to be in my own home."

        "I feel the exact same way," said Scott as he got up from his chair and headed for the preparation station. "But unfortunately, all we can have right now is a cup of hot chocolate. Right up, mam!"

        I laughed, glancing outside. Realisation dawned on me when I suddenly thought of the coffee beans I had left outside this afternoon and had forgotten to bring in. Getting up clumsily, I hurried out the cafe. The rain pelted down on me as I tried to shield myself from the unrelenting water attack. I jumped as thunder rumbled again. Groaning, I bent down as I tried to pick the tray up from the ground. It slipped out of my wet hands as I cursed in annoyance.

        Then a piercing pain shot through me, and I blacked out.

####

hello guys! this is just a little story i decided to start on spontaneously and i hope you liked the first chapter so far! it's really short but for me it's best this way so i decided to keep it this simple :-) i'm currently having exams so i probably won't be updating for a while... please vote and let me know what you think! <3

lots of love, dorine :D