1

Cora and Beth walked into Omi's home with their little brother Max. She didn't want anyone to know that she still believed in Santa Claus. Cora was now too old to believe. As always, the holidays had come with arguments between the siblings, though Cora was adopted.

Her dark past would always haunt her, but she would have to put it aside for the week.

"Shut up, Beth!" Max shouted at his sister.

"I don't care who started it, Max." Mom said calmly.

"Ben Kuklinski started it and everybody knows it." Max grumbled.

"We even have the whole thing on video." Beth smirked. Cora smacked her arm.

"You're gonna write an apology to the rest of your class for ruining the recital." Dad started.

"What were you thinking, Max? That kid was twice your size." Mom added.

"Yeah, but Ben kuklinski is always ragging on Christmas. He even told the first graders that Santa was just a cheap marketing ploy invented to sell Pepsi." Max ranted.

"Coke." Cora corrected in her slightly British accent.

"You know what I mean."

"But not why you care." Cora muttered.

"Well, someone's got to. Here, let me see." Mom muttered before gently touching Man's bruised forehead.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow."

"Ah, it's not so bad. Just keep icing it." Mom added.

"And was drop-kicking him into the manger really the best way to handle this?" Dad asked his son.

"Okay, that was not my fault. I was under the influence. All I had to eat was Christmas fudge and candy canes." Max explained.

"Well, I hate to sound harsh, but every kid has to learn the truth someday." Mom added.

"Oh, I know. I just-- i didn't want it ruined. For the little kids." Max said.

"But is this a war on Christmas, a war on over-political correctness or-- looks great, mom." Dad said as he walked into the kitchen greeting Omi.

"Don't work too hard, though. Sarah bought a bunch of cookies at the store." Cora added. The doorbell rang. A UPS man was standing at the door.

"It's Roger." Mom muttered before opening the door.

"Thought you said you weren't working over Christmas." Dad said.

"I said no traveling over Christmas. I still have to take a few calls." Roger said.

"Hey, Roger, what's up?" Beth walked by.

"Wait. Guys, aren't we still gonna watch Charlie brown and wrap Christmas presents like always?" Max asked.

"You know what? After what you pulled, you can do that alone." Dad said.

"And quick. Your cousins get here any minute." Mom added.

"Yeah, Roger?" Dad asked.