The beginning

"i want out" i heard a soft but deep hash voice in my head. I was in my room when i heard it and i was happy he was back, it wasn't the first time it had happened it has been happening for about 2 weeks now he wouldn't talk to me often which made me sad. As an only child you get lonely especially with very busy parents, he wouldn't say much but it was nice to know he was there...

-Next day-

" Mom dad i hear him again" i said happily. They looked at each other terrified" that's nice sweetie" my mom said while getting her phone and typing quickly. She called my dad over and they went into there office i heard them talking to each other and i looked through the crack of the door to see my mom quietly sobbing while my dad was on the phone. I slowly opened the door "Mom are you okay? did i make you sad?" . "on no sweetie i'm fine but Alice can u please go play in your room your father and i need to make a important phone call" i quietly left and went up to my room i was scared about what was going to happen next..

-later that day-

It was 2:30 i kept looking at my clock I've been up here for about an hour now and i was so bored but i didn't want to bother my mom and dad.I heard footsteps going throughout the hall, the door opened and my dad walked in trying to force a smile " hey Alice get your bag pack were going out" I was so excited we haven't been on a trip for a while since they have been so busy lately. I quickly packed my bag with everything i would need for like 4-5 days. I rushed through the hall into the kitchen. My mom told me to get in the car and i did. We were driving for like half an hour. "hey so where are we going". "well we are going to a hospital to help you"said my mom with tears in her eyes. "For what? i don't have a cold or anything". We pulled up to a big place called quin hill. "come on bring your stuff"said my dad sadly. We walked in and there were nurses and doctors all over the place. "go sit down okay?"my mom said. " Alright.." i was listening to my dad and the front desk lady talking. "hello i'm Sara what can i do for you?" She said semi-happily. "Hey so my daughter Alice shes 9 and she says shes being hearing a voice a mans voice for about 2 weeks now and that he says he wants out...". "I think the best think for her would to have her admitted and we can get a good look with whats happening to her" said Sara."Okay... I just want the best for her" said my dad looking at my mom then me. I looked at them confused then walked up to them " whats going on? why am i here.. Mom i really want to go home" i said with tears in my eyes. "Hey baby its okay don't worry these nice people are going to help you okay?" said my mom with tears running down her face, " Alice we love you so much and we'll come see you soon, I promise " said my dad with teary eyes.

-4 years later-

Alice woke up at 8 am in her uncomfortable bed like always the same everyday but today was different, it was August 8th and today was alices birthday she was finally turning thirteen. Although they don't do much at the hospital for birthdays she got an extra pudding cup for dinner which is a lot better than it sounds. She has been in the hospital for about 4 years now and well she hoped that her parents would come to see her but she hasn't seen or talked to them in 4 years she hoped they were okay and that she would see them today.