Prologue.

A/N: Just to let everyone know, the song doesn't really have anything to do with the story, even if it does add a nice vibe to it. :)

*...*

Gods and Hybrids.

They hated each other with a passion.

Hybrids, the beings able to change their shape to that of an animals. Some had more, some had less. Some could mix their animals to resemble those that were said to walk the surface of the Earth thousands upon thousands of years ago.

Gods, on the other hand, held the ability to control what normal humans couldn't. Many had the same 'power', but what made each of them different was their control over said power. Some had more control than others, while others had just enough to classify them as Gods.

Those that suffered?

Both Humans and Hybrids.

Humans, the poor souls, could do nothing but rely on themselves. Relying on a God to help would put you in dept, while relying on a Hybrid would make you a bigger target.

You couldn't trust Gods, couldn't go near a Hybrid. You had to trust your own. Those that were like you.

But some liked to hide.

And those were the ones you needed to be careful for.

*...*

My younger brother and I had been witnesses to our own parents murder at the age of three and four. I couldn't do anything to help.

They told me to run.

To take my brother and keep him safe. To run and never look back. To move on.

I don't know who I was running from, but the only thing I could hear was my parents yelling something at the men. The men yelling back. Yelling profanities and swearing they'd get us one way or another. I was terrified. My brother wouldn't stop crying.

My parents always said something along the lines of "Damn Gods!" But every once in a while, that word would pop up. It would send a shiver down my spine, made me want to move faster, to get away and cry in a hole. It would also make me want to go back and kill them, but then I'd end up just like them.

And the circle of hate would grow and continue.

I ran for a while, learning how to stay away from Gods, how to tell them apart from humans and Hybrids, learning everything I could while the innocence they'd given me had all but shattered.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone back.

I might've saved myself and spared my brother the horrifying image that was our parents mangled bodies.

If anything, seeing that is what gave me a new family. We ended up in an orphanage. By trying to avoid the Gods, we ended up being adopted when I was just about to turn five, my brother having just turned four.

A family of Gods.

I thought myself cursed.

But then I started thinking. And thinking. And thinking. I ended up with too many questions and too little answers.

What the hell was the difference, anyway? Why did we hate each other so much? When did the rivalry start? When will it end? Will my family accept me for who I am, or will they use me for their entertainment?

I got some answers when I tried to talk to our gardians, but some were still unanswered.

I wanted those answers.

I eventualy got them when we went to school, my brother, our new sister and I. Some Gods had beat up my brother and left him there. They prevented me from going to help him. Our sister seemed to be frozen, not knowing what to do. They encouraged her to beat him up, to have me watch him go as well.

I'd already lost my parents to Gods. I didn't want my brother to go too.

But.....

Good things don't last......

They wouldn't let me save him.

I lost the only family I cared about that day. I broke my parents promise. They wanted me to protect him, but I couldn't even do that. I failed.

I had tried to join them...

But my new family wouldn't let me...

They didn't understand. They tried to chear me up, but the only thing I wanted was to keep the remainder of my family safe. The couples only child, a few months younger than me, was the only one I wanted to see, to protect, to see smile. To see her sad was heartbreaking. I wanted to protect her. I wanted to keep her safe. To shield her from those that would do harm.

They didn't understand why I was so adament on being near her, sleeping in the same room. They thought I loved her romantically, and tried to seperate us.

It didn't end well. I'd have nightmares, which later turned into night terrors. I ended up with a bit of insomnia. I got depressed. I mean, very depressed.

They tried to talk to me about it, but I didn't trust them.

They kelt pushing...

And pushing...

For the truth....

When I finally snapped....

They understood.....

And they loved me all the more.

They helped me....

And in turn I opened their eyes.

What was the difference between Gods and Hybrids?

The question everyone asks, yet no one can answer.

Well.

I know the answer...

And so does my family.

We're the same.

Each and every one of us. There is no difference.

None at all.