•1•

Yang's PoV:

"Hmm, will this do? Nah."

I tossed a black top behind me while I rummaged through my closet.Red, pink, yellow, black.These colours just didn't do! Staring at my almost emptied out wardrobe, should, I kicked away one stray bra away from my foot.
"Yang, please stop." I heard Ruby deadpan behind me.I turned to her, she was surrounded by a great mountain of clothes and plus said black top on her head.She flung it away in the corner of my bedroom.
"Why are you being so choosy? It's just an interview for a part time job." She asked.
I heaved a sigh."I don't..I don't know." I shrugged, brows netted together and lips downwards.I wasn't usually this picky about my clothes and I had always carried myself with confidence.

I glanced down on my right arm, it was stiff and numb-ish even after taking out my cast.Well, maybe I sort of know why.Ruby must have noticed my look as she bounded over to me, taking my right arm in her hands.
"I know that it's been months since you really put yourself put there, but you'll do fine, I just know it." She reassured me with that signature wide smile."You're Yang Xiao Long.Nothing can stop you from getting what you want, and it definitely won't be a broken arm!"

My frown turned upwards, and I patted her head roughly with my other hand.She grumbled and slapped it away, tidying her hair.
"Thanks, Rubes.You always know what to say, y'know?" I murmured affectionately.
"Anyways, wear something simple.Like...." Ruby picked through the remaining clothes on the hangers, and showed me a white collar shirt and a black waist-high jeans."This should do for the interview."
I grabbed the clothes and nodded,"I trust your judgement.You should, too." I added.I knew that Ruby could take two seconds to find me fitting clothes, but when it came to herself, she was a total mess.
As usual, Ruby just let out a weird, high pitched "eh." as a response."I'll get out of your hair now.I'm gonna do my homework too." She said as she bounced out my room.
"Are you sure you're going to do your homework or play Ninja Fighters?" I called out to her in a light matter.I received another "eh." but longer.I huffed in amusement as I closed the door so that I could change.

After I slipped into my outfit, I went over to my dresser mirror and started brushing my blonde hair.It always took some effort, as taming my crazy mane of a hair was no easy feat, but on the upside it looked great when taken care of.
Few minutes later of untangling hair, I put on some perfume with a citrus fragrance, my favourite scent, before I left my room and bounded downstairs to the living room.

The couch where dad would usually be with a bottle in hand, was vacant.Recently, Ruby's words a few months ago, and after my unfortunate accident, had compelled him to get off his bum and find a job.I was proud of him, yet, I just...never mind.I sighed softly and shook my head.I have to support him no matter what, he's my father.I put on a brown leather jacket by the coat rack before stepping out onto the porch.

The Xiao Long residence was ways away from the main town of Patch, surrounded by vibrant oak trees in the spring.I glanced at the open garage, where Bumbleby would usually be resting at, but, I remembered that it was in the shop. Totally wrecked, but saveable.I couldn't wait to ride it again.For now, the only way I'd get anywhere was to take the shuttle bus.It was a few minutes walk on a sandy path, to a secluded, poorly-maintained bus stop.With a determined, deep breath, I headed there.

••••

I probably should have written down the location of the job interview.I knew it was somewhere on the West Avenue by the coast, but not where exactly.Now I couldn't check it on my Scroll, as I had no data plan.Too costly.
I was in downtown, walking along the pedestrian pathway, a few cars and bikes passing by in the lazy afternoon.I recalled that the building I was supposed to go was called "Paper co.", a small bookstore company.
I figured that a simple job of sorting books and cashiering was easy enough, and it would not put too much strain on my bad arm.
I reached West Avenue, coming across several blocks of businesses and some brick apartments.The parts around here were poorly maintained, as Patch downtown wasn't exactly the thriving place that the televisions advertise.It gets boring, so I often took the boat to Vale on weekends to have some fun in clubs or go shopping.There were barely any people around—Doesn't come as a surprise, it's Patch.